1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New guy going to Summit has questions

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by gogi, Nov 16, 2010.

1. gogi

gogi Well-Known Member

New clutch in truck looking to head for Siummit for Monday track day.Any suggestions for lodging???Places to stay away from? What to expect from the track and facilities? Did Monticello Loudon and Thunderbolt so far.Leaving from Montvale Nj so it looks like 5 hours like the guy from Nyack.

2. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

Damn. Cool. I grew up in Park Ridge, and now live down here outside D.C. and very close to Summit Point. There are some places in Charles Town, WV; or you can look in Inwood, WV. Both just a skip from the track, with gas, food, etc. Amenities will not be like Thunderbolt, but I've never had a complaint. Power throughout the paddock, large paved paddock, decent enough bathrooms. And the course is really an awesome layout - a bit of everything - all sorts of corners, LONG straight, elevation change. Have fun!

3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Northgate Inn in Charles Town is reasonable (like $60 including tax for a single)be sure you mention that you are a Summit Point racer. The Indian guys there are not all real goodat English, but they try really hard to make us racers come back. 304-725-1402. When you stay there the first time, have he clerk circle your "account nimber" on your reciept printout. Next time you stay, just give your number and they have all your stuff in their computer for registration except your credit card. It is right across the side road from Wal-Mart, and there are tow good restaurants (Italian-closed Monday) and Mexican across 340 in the shopping center.

If you are a breakfast guy, hit the MountainView Diner across from the Sheets on 340. open 24 hours. Hit there at 6 AM when Theresa comes on, she's a cutie with a great AM attitude. If you ask when you walk in, she'll have the kitchen fix a sandwich for your lunch and wrap it up for your cooler.

Jeez, I spent way to much time at Summit Point. I'm already trying to think of a way to ride there this weekend.

Phone me up 215-206-9787 with any Summit Questions. I am there so much they think I work there.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  4. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

There's also a few chain hotels in Martinsburg as well, about five miles north of exit five (Innwood) on I-81. I bought a space heater for my trailer, so I really don't know the hotel scene too swell.

Don't expect much from the facilities. You'll want to poop at the hotel. They do have lots of power boxes though.

I try not to look at the strange track surface and sealer, and don't seem to have any issue with it that way. However, take it easy in the morning. Especially in five (the first slow left hand turn).

Generally speaking, I think it's a great track. Most of the people that go there are helpful and fun (on a race weekends anyway).

5. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

In an effort not to start another track day where are you thread, who's at sumitt on Monday, TPM is there Sat and Sun. Unless i've missed something on the Sumitt Point calendar

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The Turf, baby!

7. gogi

gogi Well-Known Member

I saw 20-21 on the schedule????? Didn't I???? Thats Sun Mon in Nov. on my calendar Maybe I'm leaving Sat not Sun for the track

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid: I didnt see anything on TPM's website scheduled for monday.

Is it for the general public or by invitation only?

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

You may want to take another look at your 2010 calendar. 20/21 is Sat/Sun.

10. metricdevilmoto

We're not there Monday. Only Saturday and Sunday.

11. speedluvn

ok! i heard talk of monday @ summit and wanted to check for myself.

Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding

12. speedluvn

Did somone call T? They also should send a carrier pigeon, a messenger and just to be sure a "mock text". :Poke:

13. metricdevilmoto

TPM usually does Summit Main on Mondays. This is the first time I can remember going to ride Main on a weekend with TPM.

14. gogi

gogi Well-Known Member

TThanks Guys

Thanks for the dates getting straightened out.Would Have really sucked to drive 10 hours round trip to find out I was there all alone with locked gates Monday.! *<))))

15. NJR1FTP

NJR1FTP Well-Known Member

true...just realized that. i dont think there has Ever been a TPM main date on the weekend.

16. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

If you stay at the Hampton inn in Innwood make sure to tell them you're there for Summit Point. They give a special rate also for SP, I think it's like $77 a night. It's a nice place to stay. The track can be fun, when the grip is good. The facilities aren't bad for being in WV! :D

17. NJR1FTP

i second that. for the extra $20 or so, way better then the turf...still trying to wash the stink of that place off me.

18. metricdevilmoto

You prima donna.

19. NJR1FTP

my bad..sorry i didnt mean to offend you.

I forgot you were the one who requested the room with extra mold, and smoke smell. They sure were good about giving us all the free mold we could ask for.

20. gogi

gogi Well-Known Member

Ready to go

Signed up for novice class on Sunday got my reservation for Hampton inn in Inwood and hope to meet some of you guys on the forums.I'll be driving a black Nissan Hardbody with a white EX500 and Green 650R Ninja in the trailer.