1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody know deadbeat racer Bill Kotinek or his wife Mary Kotinek #187?

Discussion in 'General' started by D-Swens, Nov 11, 2010.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

He might have graduated "Iknoweverything cum laude" and has the magenta sash and post count to prove it!:D

2. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Double Bullshit

Dreamin' right there dude...
    The whole handshake deal went out the window looooooong ago.
    Why? Obviously aerosols like the one this thread is dedicated to.
    We would all like to return to the days of everyone being on the same page, and no one ever deviating, but did those days ever exist?
    Was there ever a time that there was no such thing as a deadbeat, or was there ever a time that there were much fewer deadbeats?
    My guess is the latter.

For the previous poster that says they only trust friends and family in matters like this, I'm there w/ you, sorta...

I have been left holding the bag a few times over the years, and they all boil down to me being too trusting:

Sell a friend a bike for 1/2 down and the installments for the remaining half never seem to materialize.

Covering the expenses for the last race of the year until the sponsor comes through with the check doesn't seem to work out on the balance sheet sometimes, either...

Someone said it on here a few weeks ago - No one will burn you quicker than family.

Need a loan? Go to a fuckin' bank!

3. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

people are shipping there bodywork to him from out of state, or just ordering new over the phone, for a work order you would be shuffling mail back and forth, its not like a walk in shop, and you dont tax out of state residents on work performed in va

4. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Those customers were jerks for sure. They fail the moral/ethical test. D-Swens is, by his own admission, partially responsible for the outcome. He fails the business test. D-Swens for his part, however, can do things differently down the road by simply getting paid before sending out his beautifully painted bodywork. That helps him stay in business; and, it helps us because a good vendor will continue to provide us with the timely delivery of a quality product/service.

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

in most cases in other areas of business, i would somewhat agree with ozman or whatever the hell his name is on the ape forum despite his assholishness. however, considering the situation and circumstances under which Swens operates business and the kind of business he's in i understand why he handled the situation as such. the motorcycle racing community is very tight-knit and we generally take care of each other and anyone with any sense should know better than to eff with another racer because of the possible and probably reprocutions they would receive throughout the whole community. i am thankful for people like Swens who still trust in other racers.

6. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

You email a repair order form and have them send the signed form in with the parts. Happens all the time in the industry.

EVERY transaction MUST be reported to the state sales and use tax agency, including those that are exempt from sales tax due to out-of-state shipping. The tax man can and will sometimes demand proof that the article was actually shipped to the customer. That is the law. If you or anybody wants to do business outside the law, you really have no leg to stand on when it comes time to collect.

7. RubberChicken

BINGO! 100% correct.

8. gogi

gogi Well-Known Member

what agreement

9. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

that would go over good, i've never done it and never will, i get calls two days before a race when people need stuff overnight, not to mention i have almost every track in the country's address in my label maker address book, i send alot of stuff directly to tracks. i'm sure it would go over with me saying, well first i have to email you a work order, you print it and sign it and send it back to me, the response would be...........nevermind

when you send stuff out of state, your receipt from ups or usps, the address in paypal is fine as proof that it wasnt an in state purchase

10. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

:crackup:

No shit. I get strange special orders for tires sometimes....98% of the people are true to their word. I refuse to punish all the good people because of a few d-bags...of course if you S.O something and don't pick it up at the track...all future orders are prepay only.

11. motoford

motoford Well-Known Member

$10 bucks Mr. Lawyer Dude races sailboats.

edit: Just read D-Swens response. BURN!!!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  12. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I heart the Beebs

13. So - have they paid yet?

14. OptimizedGSXR

OptimizedGSXR Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Paging Mr. & Mrs. deadbeat.

16. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Was 2006 the year for Cannoli Corner in at VIR? :crackup:

17. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Mwahahahahahaha. :rock:

Attached Files:

18. RubberChicken

The guys who have their business shit together do work orders, purchase orders and order verifications. They deliver the agreed-upon product at the agreed-upon time for the agreed-upon price.

That is just the way business is done. This "handshake" shit is just a scammer's paradise. Honor among racers? I wouldn't put my business on the line for something that vague.

Phone up KWS and tell them you want them to send you a race motor and you'll pay them later. Let us know how that call goes.

I'm sure D-Swens is a stand-up, low-cornering guy, but he should protect himself. The bbs is ill-equipped for the job.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

I would imagine that they would ship me the motor.

20. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

Tom:

While it may be smarter to have written, signed purchase orders for everything, it is not absolutely legally necessary. Oral contracts are binding and can be enforced in court. An exchange of emails can provide the requisite details to establish the terms of a contract.

I went to a prominent law school, and more importantly, I have practiced law for 15 years and I have never heard of an "Illusory" contract.

The reason D-Swens and/ Chris K don't go after people in court is that it is too much of a pain in the ass and too expensive, not because they don't have valid claims.

I'm a lawyer and I always pay my bills. Even the ones from the 4 different states I am admitted to practice in....