Does anybody know deadbeat racer Bill Kotinek or his wife Mary Kotinek #187?

Discussion in 'General' started by D-Swens, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

The guys just sounds like a douche... "When I went to law school blah, blah, blah, blah..." Can you imagine the fact that I have to work with people like that on a daily basis? :down:

Maybe he's a lawyer, but he's not a racer. I can guarantee that from his response. I wouldn't cheat another guy on here because, well, I just wouldn't. I'm not like that. BUT... if you did do somebody wrong, you're probably gonna get flamed and get a bad name in a racing community that really isn't all that big. You're gonna be the asshole of your peer group. That alone should keep a bunch of people in line.

The Aprilia forum barrister probably doesn't understand that.

2. 771Doug

771Doug V6HW #686

What a jerk-off. On the one hand we have an individual that has people that probably don't know him from Adam offering to go out of their way to help. On the other hand we have a joker (actually two) that, if he were on fire, nobody would cross the street to piss on him.

3. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

tick tock.

I really hope they pay up.
    Next week it will go BOOM for them.

tick tock.

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I didn't read the entire thread... but I did read they were CCS racers. That was enough for me. :D

:Pop:

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm not reading this entire thread but I'll offer up some advice in the intratubes era: You say you're going to do something, do it. Don't try, don't "when I get a chance" or any of that other shit.

Also, pay your fucking bills!

No wonder I'm a C.I.A./ signature required type of guy anymore.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

If only there were a way to subscribe this dead beat turd to this thread. :D

8. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Didn't you used to race CCS?

:Poke:

9. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I did... I admit it... BUT! I also raced WERA at the same time. After the penicillin shots, I was CCS free and continued to race WERA exclusively. I've been CCS free for 4 years now... :p

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Didn't realize it was that long, thought you did a couple CCS races last year and 08.

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

nope, not since 2006.

12. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Oh ok, well I believe you.

13. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

All hail the WERA BBS!
    Glad you getting your money Andrew!

The only people I trust are my personal friends and the racers who I know I will definitely see the track to get the payment.

14. marshmallow

marshmallow Designated Roody-Poo

I'm happy things turned out well.

15. JamesC459

JamesC459 Well-Known Member

You go first:D

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

If this is a family I want a divorce, know a good divorce lawyer?

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Suicide is less painful. :up:

18. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

You know, the customers are Mr. and Mrs. dirtbags for not paying their bill, but maybe D-Swens could look at this as a learning experience and move on. If they paid something, that's nice, but having uninvolved parties harassing them for payment isn't legal, nor is it good business. The lawyer dude was kind of creepy with his contract shit, but he had a point. If D-Swens has to go to court with this, he will have a tough time collecting what is owed him.

D-Swens get job orders in writing. You can buy standard repair orders in any office supply store for $10 for a 25-pack. Despite Mr. Law School's bullshit, if you have a signed repair order that properly identifies the vehicle, time and date, owner or responsible party and the work desired and agreed, with a signature, you'll get paid. The small-claims courts never ask for a business license of repair shop license, unless there is an allegation that "industry standard practices" were not followed, like providing a reasonable estimate, delivering the work in a reasonable time, etc. It is not that tough to get your stuff tight enough that people can't do this to you.

One thing: apply for a state resale tax certificate, collect and pay the sales tax like your life depends on it, keep ACCURATE records of that. The tax man is the only govermental agency that is strident in their enforcement. You don't F with the tax man.

I hope you get paid, and I hope you learn some basic business stuff.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Has said dead beat and wife paid up in full yet?

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Bullshit. Mr. Lawyer Dude was an asshole and you are walking the line of being one as well. Your line "Hope you learn some basic business stuff" was arrogant and condescending. From what I have read, D-Swens has a great reputation and is willing to help out racers. He has stated that he knows the risks and continues to take them as he enjoys helping out the race community. Anyone taking advantage of this is hurting the community as a whole and deserve whatever they get from the community when they take advantage of said situation. The world would be a better place if there were less lawyers and contracts and more people like D-Swens that accepted people at their word and more support groups like the WERA BBS to beat down people who took advantage of these situations.