1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiller or RC51?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Sep 13, 2010.

1. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

RC51, SV 1000, then the TLR

2. Slow

Slow CLOUD 8

as a former TLR owner... I'd say go with the RC51.

3. chillydogg

chillydogg Active Member

I've rode an Aprilia RSV Factory and RC51 back-to-back. I like the Aprilia better. I thought it was faster and easier to ride. I know the prices are right on the Aprilia's now. Back in the day the RSV Factory was $20k and you can get one now for $5k-$8k in good shape.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

5. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

Why that order, the tlr is better then the sv all but the stock rear suspension. And the TL is so damn nice with a penske or ohlins out back.....

6. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

7. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Because I have had all three and personally thats the order I would rank them. Thats just my opinion yours may vary.

8. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Had an 06 RC51.

Rode the Aprilia RSV Factory. If you had a Duc, the Ape wouldn't be a bad buy at all.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  9. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, did I do that? :D

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I had to admit Papa's name popped into my head in the middle of recovering the rear on the RC. No more visions of Colin wannabe the remainder of the day.

Right after that, I started to work on making changes from stock (suspension/tires). I never took the bike back to the track, sold it.

But I have not ruled out owning another RC.

12. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

RC, TL or SV1000. The world would be a much better place if more people were riding these gentle beasts. They got lotsa soul.

13. mdr14

mdr14 What?

I actually thought you were asking " should I get a roto tiller or an RC 51"

I was voting for the roto tiller

14. marshdrummer

marshdrummer Well-Known Member

15. G2G

G2G I feel the need

TLR hands down. I have owned both rode both on the street and raced both. Reason being I just felt more comfortable on the TLR.

16. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

i spent a lot of time on the tlr, and i currently own an rc (i had the itch for the big twin and didnt want the maintenance of a duc). very glad i did because this bike is bullet proof, and has an excellent chassis and brakes. im running stock suspension still and this thing handles very well (with proper geometry and sticky buns of course). check out www.speedzilla.com

17. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

I highly recommend that you satisfy your "hanker" :)crackup:) with the 51.

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

This Thread now makes me want to buy another TLR.....

19. Sprtbkbabe

Sprtbkbabe Active Member

Go rotax :up:

20. farva03r

farva03r Well-Known Member

aprilia :beer: