1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vir sat & sun

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by bullockcm, Jul 29, 2010.

1. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Gonna be on vacation next week but thinking about swinging by VIR Sat. & Sun on the way home. Anybody need a rider? :D If not I will at least have some bottled suds :beer:

2. bullockcm

I know this is the WERA forum... but is anyone else going to be there Sat. & Sunday? Maybe I won't bother...

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey, the VIR thursday thread went twds discussing the weekend also....few yea's there.

4. bullockcm

I figured with that many replies the thread had to be way off topic talking about hamsters, shrubbery, or hagish(sp?)...

5. CharlieY

HAaaa!....the off topic nature that you mention was discussed in that thread......Ol' ChuckS (the OP) called the boys on it, nipped it in the bud, and I must say, they took it rather well.:up:

I really hope the event as a whole is a success. I know, I know, dont hope, just go....but its been a rough year. All 4 days were on my schedule at the beginning of the year, even had vacation.

I really do enjoy riding with both Orgs. When you put all the BS aside, and you are in the pits, I consider both a great time. :up:

Good luck sir.

6. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

I figured you were asking about wera sat & sun, the modern stuff.

I'll be on the south course racing vintage with ahrma fri-sun. As long as i get a motor together in the next several days, that is.

7. charles

charles The Transporter

Hampsters.

8. bullockcm

Speaking of hampsters.... Is the yellow peril available?

9. charles

charles The Transporter

Yes, it's available. It will be for sale, with a decent supply of parts, upon completion of some touch-up and perhaps a new PVL coil unit. I can't test these particular type of coils so I need to send it to Penton.

So of course it's available! I'm available, when not unavailable, for projects, plots, and general mayhem.

By the way, Mark Badger is selling a very well-prepared and equipped Yam RD350, ready to roll, for AHRMA Lightweight Historic Production and/or WERA V1.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Haggises

Ken

11. CharlieY

Hey Chas.....congrats on gettin back out on the track man, Bravo!

12. charles

charles The Transporter

Brother Ken:

Depsite the huge worldwide popularity of Haggisses, people still spell it incorrectly.

Brother Charles

13. charles

charles The Transporter

Thank you, I really appreciate that. See you at VIR.:up:

14. CharlieY

Ummm...sorry sir, I wont be able to make it, but glad to hear you are. Good luck.:beer:

15. bullockcm

I certainly don't need to buy anymore RD's, I have between 4 & 7 depending on how "spares" are accounted for already :wow:

Charles, if you need a coil or pair of coils from a PVL to do some troubleshooting I have a set that I could loan you.

16. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Why's Mark selling?

17. charles

charles The Transporter

A loan of coils for troubleshooting would be super. As you know, certain types of coils can only be checked by PVL/Penton.

I don't know if we're on the same timetable for VIR, though.

You can never have enough RD's!:D

18. charles

charles The Transporter

Because he's creating another bike for another class...he's got the other RD and he's got the TZ750, that's enough to keep him busy!

19. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

There's the, "Charles Rules"?

...and then of course there's the WERA rules...

Vintage 1

Pre 1973 2 stroke singles up to 360cc.

Pre 1973 2 stroke twins up to 250cc.

Pre 1973 OHC up to 360cc.

Among the eligible V1 machines are the following: Honda, all 4-stroke two cylinder street models up to 350cc and XL250/350s; Honda CB 360 regardless of year; Kawasaki 350cc single and S1; Suzuki and Yamaha 250cc street twins.

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Stop it! I obviously made a mistake. Yes, it's an RD250. I prostrate my sniveling worthless body and offer one thousand gomen nasais, one million I wont do it agains, and of course I'll contemplate hari kari with a dull, rusted penknife.

IT'S AN RD250, PEOPLE!!!!!