i think i heard my neighbors dog just get eaten by a hawk...

Discussion in 'General' started by james walker, Jul 14, 2010.

1. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

do hawks normally let out a screech right before they attack their prey?

i went home for lunch and was walking down the driveway to the mailbox when i heard it. my neighbor 2 doors down has 3 or 4 little yappy chihuahuas they let run in their fenced backyard. when i first heard the hawk screech i didn't think anything of it 'til i heard the dogs going bat shit crazy...barking and raising hell and what sounded like yelping. it lasted for roughly 10 or fifteen seconds then nothing. it just stopped. i looked up toward the ridge of their house for one of those cartoon like puffs of fur or feathers to puff out from the back yard but didn't see anything. i woulda walked down and peeked over the fence, but the woman's dad is usually home and drunk during the day and i didn't need any kind of confrontation with his old drunk ass.

i think one of the little fellas might be checking in to little mexican dog heaven right about now...if that's where they go. i hope not tho', 'cause i can't think of to many worse ways to die than having your eyes plucked out by a large bird while you're still half alive. poor little guy :(

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm pulling for the hawk in this instance. I hate those stupid little rats on acid.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It sucks when your place on the food chain is variable.

4. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yup, I'm guessing the hawk had Mexican for lunch. :D

5. james walker

well, i'm not particularly fond of them either...but they do have 3 more, i guess.

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Might not for long if there are many other hawks in the area. You know that Mexican food goes right through you and you're hungry again pretty fast. :crackup:

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid::crackup:

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

If your hawk is anything like the Heron that's been staking out my Koi pond, they return frequently for free meals.

9. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Came home from my wife's birthday dinner the other night...There was a copperhead eating a tiny little baby-style snake in the driveway near the front door...I stomped on its head by accident repeatedly...

I know, that makes me a bad person...

10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

You better keep an eye on your 2 little banditos there J-Dub.

Somehow, I just dont see Alicia buying the "There was this BIG hawk honey...." story.:D

Your 2 mutts were pretty cool little dudes last I saw em....I remember them chillin at Jennings, ahh the good life.:up:

11. james walker

Alicia's Pom would be worth the trouble i guess, once the hawk got past all the fur. Sunny on the hand, my mutt....God help any bird of prey that tried to scoop his lard ass up. he's solid.

and yeah, i have seen hawks, at various times, up in the trees behind my house. not lately tho'....the Red Ryder's sting can not be denied. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  12. Chumbucket

Don't you people have stuff like squirrels and rabbits down there? Field mice? Something?

13. HAYSTACK

HAYSTACK UP YORN

that sucks......poor feller

14. Chumbucket

Meat is murder...

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Yea, Hawk!

16. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Walker, and his Red Ryder, have eliminated most of the small vermen from the area......I just hope he dont put his eye out.:p

Actually, there are ALOT of hawks Chum.....cracks me up when the crows chase them around.

17. GixxerNash

GixxerNash I hate this job!

Now that is funny shit.

18. james walker

any thing that has the misfortune of finding itself in my back yard while the dogs are out usually meet with a swift death dealt by the 15lb jaws of fury...my mutt Sunny. he looks like he's got some dachshund or chihuahua or jack russell or who know's what in him...

...baby bunnies, big bunnies, squirrels, chip monks, frogs, snakes and even box turtles have met their demise. he's a stone face killer.

yeah, you kid....but i have been known to shoot a large dragon fly from about 20 to 25ft away....and you know you can't make a Red Ryder shoot the same direction twice. it was awesome shot, from the hip. just ask Hayden, he'll tell ya :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  19. Chumbucket

Live by the incisor, die by the, errrr...beak or talon or something....Lemme work on that...

20. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Anytime a dog dies, it is a sad day for someone