1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't help it, I'm old school

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Jun 30, 2010.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

2. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Well damn...buy the thing! Mom can't tell you not to. :D

3. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Oh heck yeah...The Cooley GS? They were cool, almost as cool as Lawson's superbike seat and piggyback shocks on his 1000...

4. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

You heard the lady ! :crackup:

:beer:

5. bad67deuce

bad67deuce Well-Known Member

Did you mean a Kawasaki Z1R :confused:

My buddy has a cherry Z1R at work, second owner.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I had the Corvette on my mind.

I know there were sportbikes you could buy with fairings back in the 70's, but since most of them were European they were light years away from what a simple Kentucky boy could dream of. The Z1R and the Cooley GS were something real to me. So what
    did I end up buying.....a CB750F. Those 1000's kind of scared me at the time!

And you all are right, I don't have Mom to tell me no. I've got someone much scarier saying it.

7. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

That thing was the "Bull of the woods" back then. A guy in town had one of those in oh say '82.. it sure sounded nice..he had a pipe on it

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The GS1000S WAS great fun (with a bit of frame bracing).

9. Chumbucket

Oh man, the sound of a big bore two-valve Kawi through a Kerker pipe on the gas is unique...Rolls Royce-Merlin unique...Huey rotor wash unique...That's an internal combustion aria...

God I love that sound...

(The Suzi was a good bike...But that sound, that Kawi sound...)

10. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I was walking through a parking lot the other day, and I heard a 4cyl bike out on the street....

I *knew* what it was without seeing it.

Yep, rides past: Z1 with a Kerker megaphone, dragbars, king/queen seat.... :up:

Badass!!! :D

11. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

12. Chumbucket

I do blot some of those things from that decade from my memory, I sleep better that way...

13. chadspaint

I had a 81 KZ 750 w a Kerker at that time. Learned how to hit second doing a wheelie on it. You had to push forward as hard as you can on the handle bars at 110 mph to stop the tank slappers,... But she'd still tank slap like a Biioch over 120 :)

14. Chumbucket

I like this guy...

15. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

At least the GS could handle. The Z1? Not so much....brown pants.

Love to take a WC replica and add modern swingarm, ZXR shocks, GSXR wheels and forks, and runs ome new rubber on it, with great brakes ans supension it'd be phenomenal fun on the street.

16. Pompey

Pompey Well-Known Member

17. chadspaint

everything but the seat? That things a water buffalo, My brother had one of those at the time.. except his was pink and white. I remember dropping in on main street when I hit the front brake and slid on the sand from the winter months. I picket it up and it was still running in gear . then it took off and fell over on the otherside too..I had about 4 witnesses.. they kinda looked the other way when I picked it up and rode away.

Good times :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

ZR1 was a cool bike. It had 4 into 1 exhaust. Not bad for a made over KZ1000:up:

[​IMG]

19. chadspaint

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  20. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

all I could think of was...

"I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! "