1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LEO shoots biker in back during traffic stop

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Cremean, May 11, 2010.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What does that have to do with anything? Shooting a cop is not going to go well for you. Try it let us know how it works out for you. That was John's point. Geez, I don't own a gun but I'm pro carry. Some of you guys are making me think of reconsidering that position.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He's a cop, of course he did the right thing. They're never wrong.

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I'm not sure what constitutes a "close call" in that video at all. There was no real high speed pursuit sitution. The LEO turned his lights on only after the bikers took off from the stop sign. Ok fine, give 'em a ticket for riding like morons. The victim had come to a full stop within about ten seconds (probably not too bad with Harley to stop), stayed on the bike, made no furtive or threatening movements... until he was shot off his bike that is. :down:

Bad cop.

4. someday

someday Well-Known Member

dude posed no threat, cop was wrong.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Was their some reason the cop didn't just use the car's PA to relay commands before stepping out? I mean since he was scared for his life and all.

Oops, there I go thinking for the cops again. They're never wrong, silly me.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid:

7. cajunZX6

cajunZX6 Well-Known Member

that cop in my eyes did take a life....he meant to shoot to kill him but luckily the guy survived. Just because your a cop don't give you a f***ing license to kill.

R Acree, don't reconsider your position...

http://www.thenewsmeister.com/the_n...s-cop-paralyzed-files-75-million-lawsuit.html

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I watched the video - the guy moved his hand to his right hip from the bars, why? He didn't move it to his back pocket - but to exactly where people carry guns. On the cops commands he did not remove that hand, he kept it just like it was on a gun, especially from the angle where the cop was further to the left. I think the cop might have overreacted but I can totally understand why. This is absolutely a situation where the guy brought it on himself by his actions and inactions.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

cajun, how "lucky" do you think he is to be paralyzed?

10. cajunZX6

cajunZX6 Well-Known Member

what am I suppose to call it?

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Any clue why the cop was tailing these guys in the first place?

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Dunno. Any clue why they were running?

13. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Sometimes "FTP" actually means something. Where's my FTP shirt?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My guess is the sign to sign race wasn't their first of the evening and he was following them because he saw or heard them prior to the one on film, otherwise he wouldn't have turned on the camera until the lights went on. The one directly in front of him was more than enough for the traffic stop.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The link above says they thought it was their friend in the car behind them. With his lights off.

Back to the question. Why was the cop behind them with his lights off?

16. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Appears to me that he was initially looking forward at his buddy getting stopped, then took his right hand off the bars in order to turn around and look over his right shoulder at the cop behind him. From a seated position, place your right hand in your lap, now try to look directly behind yourself, over your right shoulder and hold it there... where does your right hand naturally go?

If this was a situation of a felony in progress or something of the like, I wouldn't question the cops actions nearly so much. Those facts don't appear to be present though. Believe me, if they were, the cop's attorney(s) would be sure the media was aware of it.

17. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Video shows the headlights were on the entire time :confused:

18. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I thought evasion was a felony? Not being a smartass, just asking.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Why was the cop behind them before the video started?

20. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yup, saw that also. Don't see any time they weren't.