1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of helmet should I get??

Discussion in 'General' started by RoadracerR123, May 3, 2010.

1. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

and this old fart likes the RF1100 over the X-12 :up:

2. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Scorpion.

When it's all about value and quality.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

I like HJC's. I just got a new HJC FS-15 Carbon Fiber lid and I love it. Light as can be, Snell 2010, late 2009 manufacture date and very reasonable price. I have crashed a few HJC's and my head has always come out alright.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. bripolar66

bripolar66 Well-Known Member

arai corsair...best helmet money can buy....lightest, safest, most ventilated and their pretty. be prep to hand over your left ball tho.

6. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

regular Corsairs are almost sold out by now, so it's only the right nut that's required....hi Bri....

7. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

ROTFLAMO!! :crackup:

8. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

:up:

9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

the new RF1100 is really nice. much quieter than the older helmets, little bit better fit, and has pockets for my speakers.

but I just picked up a new X12 Martyr. rode about 800 miles this past weekend to break it in and worked great. the new pinlock is much improved. helps a lot when dual sporting on the CBR in the rain in TN/KY saturday. ;)

10. weiljh

weiljh Well-Known Member

Here is a great article that Roadracing World did a little while ago. And when you look at the links for the helmets you might noticed some similarities to other helmets on the market right now. My general rule of thumb is "if you look inside the helmet and it says anything other than "Made in Japan" don't buy it.

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=39785

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:confused: Rolling On The Floor Laughing At Mongo's Obesity?

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

one that fits, like everyone else pretty much says

and i like my Shark RSi helmet more than I did my Arai Profile (i have a oval head)

13. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

14. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

+1 I don't know how people can go from Arai to shark, to shoei, to, AGV. Every single one of those helmets fit different. Arai is the only one to fit properly for me. AGV pinches the side of my ears like a bitch. Shoei just feels weird, and Shark strait up too oval like.

Arai
    Scorpion
    Nolan
    Most HJC
    KBC

Those are the helmets in my experience that fit me well.

15. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

I've been happy with my Scorpion EXO 700.

16. Chip

Chip Registered

I keep saying it.....I really like my Bell Star. I even have a new 2010 coming....

17. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the new Shark helmet that flips up? It looks nice, but not sure how functional it is.

18. Cremean

Cremean backmarker

This.

Tried out my Cerwinske Carbon today, and I like it more than my 2010 Scorpion EXO700... and I like that one pretty well too.

Also, the Bell's are Snell 2010. :up:

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I was an Arai man for years, but this year I grabbed an RF1100 when Rider's Discount had 'em going for a great price. I'm a Shoei man now. It fits my head shape better, I think it's quieter, and IMO the visor mechanism is much nicer.

Great helmet.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You are absolutely correct. My Shoei X-11 is lighter, quieter, cooler with a superior visor system compared to my last four or five Arais....