ONLY in America - Illegals Given land in a lawsuit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, May 2, 2010.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/19/national/19ranch.html?_r=1
    Figured this was worthy of a visit since the AZ law.

2. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

Freakin' insanity.

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Damn! After reading the above article I'm even more pissed. I just finished watching 60 Minutes with their little report on this irrigation canal running between part of Southern Calif. and Mexico. One of the Calif. Senators instigated having a fence installed a few years ago along a part of the border, and now that illegals can't get across the border there anymore, they try to cross the canal. Well, it's 20 feet deep, 250 feet wide, and water movement is something like 8 feet per second. There have been several hundred illegals that have drowned trying to cross.

Of course, 60 Minutes based the story on confronting the Governmental Agency that controls the canal and leaving the impression that we should do whatever is necessary to stop people from drowning. It amazes me how we can put up barriers to stop illegals, then when the dumbasses kill themselves trying impossible stunts anyway, we are the ones that are at fault.

4. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Wow...Just Wow. Unbelieveable this kind of stuff would ever happen in the US. It's become a lawyer's paradise...

5. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Did any of you guys actually read the story?

The twice convicted felon (Nethercott) never even bothered to defend himself in the civil case. Neither did Foote. Both defaulted to a jury never heard the civil case against them - a judge made the decision on damages. Sutton knew he was neck deep and settled for $100,000.

This is what happens when morons take the law into their own hands.

Not that I'm happy with the 30 years of a porous border.

And Jiggy Mac, what did the lawyers make on this one?

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I would take a pistol whipping if I got a free ranch and 100k...........

Sounds like a pretty messed up judgement to people that were not even supposed to be in the country though. Yet another slap in the face to people who are going through all the steps to be here legally.

7. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I suppose the illegals dreamed up this idea to sue the ranchers all on their lonesome :rolleyes:

Gettin jealous Mr. Dees is gettin all the glory their Rog?

As for taking the law into their own hands. What do you expect these people to do when their government, who is supposed to protect them, completely turns their back on them.

I'm all for operation wetback II.

8. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Werd. I wonder if crossed the border and tried to do this in Mexico if the drug lords would give me one of their 70 acre ranches?

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

No, they'd just shoot you.

10. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

You have to very careful with this kind of thing - it really has nothing to do with the illegals - it is the lawyers driving this, just like Rodney King, just like the tobacco settlements. And just like healthcare costs.

I hate that we cannot defend our land/country in a meaningful way even when (especially when!!) the government won't, but the lawyers are the real enemy here.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Can I get an AMEN, Rodger? :D

12. Shyster d'Oil

Nice. Spoken like a true Christian.

So are you for or against felons who illegally possess handguns? For or against pistol whipping of illegals they "arrest"?

Theses guys had a dubious agenda, and they thoroughly fucked up.

Does anyone here think they were smart? Even of average intelligence.

13. Shyster d'Oil

Yeah, it always makes sense to blame the lawyers rather than the criminals with the guns.

14. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

You are just like Dees....

A) Deflect and try to focus on irrelevant facts rather than the big problem
    B) Use exaggerations like 'pistol whip', or in Mr. Dee's case, 'undocumented worker' to arouse an emotional response

How did you ever win a case? DID you ever win a case? :crackup:

15. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

If a lot of lawyers had there way...the criminals would be anyone with guns...

That reminds me...time to send that check to the NRA.:up:

16. mammoth

mammoth custom bike builder

Note to self:

If I ever decide to enforce the border personally........bring a shovel

17. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I plan to bring my strongly worded language. If things get rough...I plan to drop the F-bomb. :D

18. Shyster d'Oil

Are you in third grade?

You did see the part about being hit with a pistol right? Pardon me Mother Theresa if that is not pistol whippin.

We need more real cops at the border, even the military, not some criminals with guns, or do you prefer criminals with guns?

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

How about blaming the criminals here illegally?

20. Donkey1

Donkey1 Well-Known Member

Saw the 60 minutes bit, my first thought was how can we put in more canals. Cant beleive some moron would wanna spend a million dollars to do a study for "safety lines", just build em a f'in bridge if your gonna do that.

I still dont know why the guy needed to pistol whip the poor illegals, coulda just knocked em down at 300 yards with a 270 winmag. They wouldnt of felt a thing and he would have kept his land.:D