A comment from a trackdayer.

Discussion in 'General' started by kazbanz, Mar 21, 2010.

1. kazbanz

kazbanz Yea gidday

One of the guys going to a trackday came up to me complaining about the lack of concideration by some track users. (A little grroup of guys racing each other and carving up other riders)
    The issue was dealt with but I just can't get his turn of phrase out of my head. -Apologies if its offensive --but it seemed so apt.
    "bunch of red misted knob jockeys"

Sound like anyone you've seen lately ?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  2. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

if what you said translates into - Dumb Fuckers or Trackday hero

Yeah me got them here to :D

3. SUPER K

SUPER K Run-off Tester

Translation?

4. kazbanz

kazbanz Yea gidday

I guess thats the point. It took me a while to take it in and absorb it. Its a new one by me too.
    I guess red misted means they are seeing through that racer red mist nad the knob jockey bit well the rude interpretation came to mind
    Its just sounded like such a great description of the guys that are out to "win" their group 2 trackday session

5. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

B group?Intermediate or I group?

6. kazbanz

kazbanz Yea gidday

I guess you'd call em intermediate

7. danch

danch Well-Known Member

Tend to see a lot of knob jockey's in I.

8. Marc Camp

I kinda thought so.:D

9. BufordTJustus

BufordTJustus One shithead at a time...

Maybe he was so effin slow and scared that anyone that dared to go faster and pass his creepin ass was a "red mistin knob jocke"... colorful phrase though

10. kazbanz

kazbanz Yea gidday

Its more about the phrase.
    But in this case nahh the three guys concerned shoulda been in group 1 just racing

11. kazbanz

kazbanz Yea gidday

reminds me. Did you know that the prize money had been increased 2000% per trackday session?? I said that to a guy in Int a few days back. He just really diddn't get it

12. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

meh, I say no harm no foul.

13. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

My trackday provider keeps us licensed racers far away from the noobs and the trackday heroes so it is not much of a problem. The only downside is an expert racer is looked at exactly that way, regardless of bike (RS125 or GSXR1000).

14. Indetrucks

Indetrucks Well-Known Member

Don't be mad cause ur slow.....

Just sayin.

Fuckers say "take it to the track" when in the canyons. We hit the track and fuckers say go race. I say... FUCK YOU

Hit the canyons if ur gonna ride like a bitch

15. Marc Camp

I like your style.:up:

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

And that is why I try to sign up for the A group. I may have lost a bit of my edge from when I raced but at least I know what to expect when I am with the racers. Track day heros that think they are fast are just plain dangerous.

From your post I am pretty sure you are one of the people that the OP was talking about.........

17. Rookie

Rookie -

A group should be considered the group people use to practice/tune in before the next race. I group should be for the street guys who just want to have fun. Dont bitch about it, thats just how it is! But if some A-hole is riding in the I group like it's a race, sack up and move to the A group so ye can have yer role reversed.....

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Go race. Rossi needs the competition.

19. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

:up:

We had a overly aggressive guy dive bombing people in I group on a literbike, for a couple years . I talked to him about bumping to Advanced at least twice a trackday....wouldn't do it. All of us CR's talked about him, and were advised to keep an eye on him...yeah, he was that bad.
    I finally told him, "Bump up, or your not riding anymore" So he bumped up.

In advanced he finally made improvements to his riding and calmed down. He is now a lot faster and smoother. I think his ego finally took a hit when he was bumped up, and started riding like the guys that were now passing him.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  20. madboosties

madboosties Well-Known Member

Racers should only ride in A-group period.Don't go out there scaring all the first time trackday guys that are just trying to get off the streets.