1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Respect Where It's Due

Discussion in 'General' started by BRKNtibia, Apr 18, 2010.

1. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Admitting you made a mistake after everyone already knows you made it doesn't earn near as much respect as not making stupid mistakes to start with. It's not that hard to get something right on the second or third try. Hell, i do that all the time.

(But i've been a hater from the start, so i doubt if i'll ever be satisfied.)

2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Right wrist. Roto-router deal. Much improved but still not right. And at Atlanta I learned that some tendons aren't connected anymore.

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

no one wants to fill us in on the stunt show?

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He's a tough little feller, huh?

Wish John and your whole team good luck. :up:

5. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Red Flags seem to always cause more chaos at AMA/ DMG events than they should. With that being, I personally dont think you should be able to luck your way out of a penalty,regardless of the situation.I am also a huge fan of aggregate timing used in WSBK

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Pooty Tang? Kappa chow!

7. John29

And it's hot, too!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They always cause issues, so do rider mistakes that force officials into making a ruling. The difference between an AMA Pro event and most others is merely the number of people watching the decisions being made.

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Helluva ride under the circumstances then :up:

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

OK, I get it now...Because of the RedFlag on the same lap as the attempted RideThru, the RideThru Never happened..I see it all so clearly now...:)

11. John29

Yeah they back up the T&S a lap. So, if you're like Elena and you took back fourth place from Tomy Puerta on the same lap as the final red-flag in the Sunday Supersport race, they back scoring up to the lap before and you finish 5th.

Once they reverted to L3, nothing past L3 existed.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Technically they back up to the most recent lap that every rider completed. ;)

13. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Hayes tried to serve his penalty. That should have been enough. That's a lot of points to lose when no competitive advantage was gained.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Trying and doing aren't exactly the same thing. There is also a wee bit of an advantage starting on pole for the restart versus the back of the field.

15. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Pinson jumped the start wheelie-ing.He realized he jumped the start and slammed the front down so hard that the front wheel chattered,then did a stoppie.All in about 4 feet and in 1-2 seconds time.Everyone on hot pit saw it,except the officials.I couldn't believe it.I laughed like hell.

A few people got pics of Hopper "taking a break" by the wall also :crackup:

16. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

LOL. I always have to pee on the hot grid.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

It amazes me that even Josh admitted he should have had to start in the back, yet people on here don't get it.

Yes, I said amazes, not surprises. Morans.

18. John29

There is a lot of non-comprehension in this thread, and it keeps re-appearing under different names. A virtual epidemic.

19. caferace

caferace No.

You came back voluntarily. No bitching. :D

-jim

20. John29

You are absolutely correct!:D