1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Respect Where It's Due

Discussion in 'General' started by BRKNtibia, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Please elaborate on the stunt show.

2. random hero

random hero Banned

I agree.. he did serve the penalty, just an f'd up deal for everyone

3. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

They reverted scoring to Lap 3. A penalty served on Lap 4 doesn't count, just like a pass made on Lap 4 doesn't count. Based on the explanation, seems like even the officials don't understand that. Nothing that happened on Lap 4 counts, when the race is backed up to Lap 3.

4. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

:stupid: But only because there is no "I'm with smart guy smiley"

5. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

My question is... Was Josh's "jump" any bigger than the jump start at Daytona that the officials stated was "OK" because the rider did NOT get a significant lead from moving forward???
    I think the AMA/DMG screwed up another rule/call...

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

IIRC, at Daytona, the "jumper" attempted to stop. Josh did not.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

With our stuff being a full complete restart there wouldn't have been a penalty since everything from the entire first try is thrown out. If it was after halfway I've done time penalties too.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stupid DMG!!!! taking away my shit to bitch about, McGrath is damn job in his roll.

Sucks real bad for Josh.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Any comments on Hopkins' race after the restart? The TV broadcast didn't show much of John coming up through the field after the restart.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Pouch? How'd you get Dave K's log in?

11. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

But the ride through isn't over when you cross the stripe. The time lost in the second half of the pits should count too. It should only count if you have completed the entire lap in which you served the penalty. Counting it when only half of the ridethrough is completed doesn't accurately assess the time lost serving the entire penalty.

I've bashed DMG big time, but this was well handled. :clap:

12. John29

Moot point. Time was turned back to end of Lap 3. Nothing on Lap 4 happened (in a scoring sense).

13. John29

He told me he was trying to pass a couple guys into 10A and got wide where there was less grip and folded the front on the brakes, so he ran into the gravel. He then put on a charge. By my calculations he would have had a legitimate shot at the podium if he'd run a clean race. It's an improvement, so I'll take.

I still can't believe he's going as fast as he is with the wrist he's got*.

*Which was news to me, at Fontana.

14. Putter

Well, RE would have blamed JRP and the LD would have been kept on the QP.

15. six6two

six6two AWD

I think a lot of people are forgetting that a red flag itself is a penalty to some, and an advantage to others. There's no way around that. By reverting to a previous lap, there's a lot of penalty's(edit: not assessed by the race org, but error's of the riders, etc...) that disappear for the riders that happen to make a mistake, or the opposite for riders that make an advancement on the "lap that never happened", even though, it definitely happened, and is an effect on the outcome of the race, if counted.

I hate what if's, but what if blake ran off in T10 right before josh pitted and lost say... 6 spots. By reverting to the previous lap, that's giving him an unfair advantage as well. I just don't understand how a lap can just not count because everyone hasn't crossed the line.

16. John29

Nah, he would have used it as an excuse to homologate a Ural sidecar outfit for the kid's class.

17. Putter

Now, THAT is interesting.

18. John29

Yes. Yes it is.

19. John29

:stupid:

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did Hopkins have the surgery on his wrists?