1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

every few months i get the itch for something new, just like most gun nuts. i have a fair amount now. got my spread of hk's(my favs), got and have had most of the glocks, got pocket 380's, some snubnoses, etc.......

but whats out that's new that you guys have bought or seen lately? i'm thinking possibly sig p238, hk p2000sk, hk p30 in .40, taurus slim...those are just some i've seen that i like that i dont have. not caliber specific, just something new. discuss gun nuts!!!! :D

2. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn;t know the HK P30 came in .40 I had the 9mm version and LOVED it, very nice gun and fit in my hand perfectly.

Do you like revolvers? I don't, but my FIL picked up a taurus judge and it's pretty sweet for a revolver

3. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Ruger and taurus has a new pieces out!
    Though im dissapointed in my pt.40 millenium pro

I just picked up this..pocket piece VERY HAPPY!
    http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com

4. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I have been shooting target 22's a lot lately with my el cheapo S&W 22A
    Its a great way to spend a day at the range relatively cheaply.

Probably gonna pick up a Browning buck mark stainless in the near future.
    [​IMG]

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I picked up a SW 22A a few months ago as well and have been having a good time with it. Plink all day for pennies.

You need a big wheel-gun to be complete though.

6. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

8. S&W MP series are pretty nice!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. Rebel-762

Rebel-762 Well-Known Member

M&P series by S&W

The M&P series pistols are nice but the first thing you will need to do is get the trigger worked, lot of slack and it can be cleaned up very nicely.

10. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

my next will be a sig p220 carry. I've had a 239 before, I've got a 229 now. I love sigs. The 220 was redesigned a little a couple years ago. Nothing beats a single stack .45 in a compact sized frame that you can easily hide under a shirt and will handle 20,000 rounds without a single failure to feed.

11. Rebel-762

Rebel-762 Well-Known Member

FN 5.7

The FN 5.7 is a very nice pistol, the only thing that I did not prefer was how thin the grip is. now I am used to a Glock 22 but the FN shoots great. Allot like a .22 caliber as far as recoil. It also has a large magazine capacity. I just don't like the grip at all way to thin. Try one out before you buy it or get the grip redone!

12. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty happy with my XD-40. I'll probably pick up another XD in the near future, well either that or a M44 to play around with :).

13. Strick

Strick Good to be king

For what?

Carry- The Taurus Slim is pretty nice as well as the Kahr p9 (I really like that)

Duty type - For just shooting CZ-SP01. There are a couple but all are pretty nice and great shooters

For target Shooting - Get a 1911 since I didn't see that on the list. taursue are excellent for the price. Kimber, Springfield are also nice.

You have gone the polymer route. Branch out and live a little. :D

14. speeddemon828

speeddemon828 casual user

I just picked up a .40 to carry. I'm very new to this and I'm thinking this thing is way too big to carry around all day. I should of went with my first choice a S&W .357

15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

how much data have you guys seen on the 5.7 from a defense standpoint? actual shootings? comparisons to the traditionals rounds?

16. six6two

six6two AWD

^^^ I love my Colt 1911. Feels alot different than any other pistol I've shot. If you've got the coin, get a Kimber!

If you like the glocks, check out the Springfield XD's. They're really nice, and a bit cheaper than the glock. They come with different backstraps too, so you can fit it a little bit to your hand.

Also, I like "The Judge" by Tarus. It's the revolver that shoots .45 ACP or .410 shotgun shells. It's pretty worthless w/ the .45 shells, but fun to shoot the .410 rnds and it's just cool :D

17. I carry the M&P9C in a IWB holster and hide it pretty well...even for my small frame. It fit my hand well, and if you tear it down and tear down a Glock...virtually identical.

18. six6two

six6two AWD

Or if you really want something to keep you(and your wallet) occupied, pick up an AR!

dobr24 likes this.
  19. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

for what? nothing specific. just something new that i dont have. i've had or shot most everything thats out there. just wondering about some newer releases that i dont have.

i dont have any cz's. that might be an option.

20. speeddemon828

speeddemon828 casual user

Yeah my M&P fit my hand perfect! That's why I went with it. I think I just have to get used to carrying it around. I use a inside the pant (left handed hip holster)