1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Craigslist BS

Discussion in 'General' started by 27stormin, Mar 9, 2010.

1. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

So I decided to do some spring cleaning this weekend and sell a few things lying around the house. Placed a few ads on CL and I've gotten dozens of these replies;

"hey there, I looked at your cl post. Is it just like this one that is shown in video: Click Here ?
    Its off my mom's laptop, i am aware that is exactly what he want for his birthday. if so would you reserve it for me ill take it, please answer back.

- Eryn
    "

Seriously, WTF?
    What do these people expect to gain by this?
    What's the best way to report them? Does it do any good?

2. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure I understand what that means...What's ol' Eryn trying to get across there? And what are you selling, a particle accelerator? Is it confusing somehow?

3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

They are collecting god email addresses for spammers and then if you keep in touch with them, they try to harvest enough data to do identity thefts on you.

Pox on Craigslist, the spawn of the devil and a 15-year-old pasty-faced geek making knuckle babies in his mom's basement.

4. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Ahhhh, OK, they want you to click on the video link...Got it...

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I went through this selling two motorcycles. It was a pain in the butt. Completely made me hate the human race. Don't post your cell number on there. I made that mistake and received about 5 spam text messages before I could block them through verizon. Most of the emails were complete idiots that I never replied to. In the end it was hard to tell an actual buyer from a spammer. I became the a-hole from that experience.

FWIW I had a miserable experience on Ebay as well. I closed that account after using it one time. Closing it was an act of congress. They are morons to! I am convinced the entire internet is nothing but thieves now days.

6. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

You get that, the chicks that send you crazy pics attached to the email and then tell you how innocent and sweet they are but they're nervous about hooking up...
    I'm selling a motorcycle damn it!!!!
    Of course you also get the guys who, when you're asking for $3k they offer you like $800 and a cupon to denny's....
    I've successfully sold 2 things on craigslist. Both went for around what I wanted out of them and both were fairly easy transactions.
    When we first started doing the craigslist thing we were trying to sell some furniture here in gainesville as my girlfriend at the time was moving to PA. We posted the ad at around 11pm. Her phone went off at 230am, someone hoping we hadn't sold the couch yest and could stop by in the morning with cash to pick it up.... Wtf are you doing surfing for furniture at 230 in the morning???? Wound up meeting him around noon to pick up the couch. But I told him that its not in good judgement to call folks at 230 in the morning...
    His excuse, he works nights at the hospital and that's when he was browsing. He figured by the time of the post we would be up...

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I posted stuff on CL and got spam back like. "I tried calling you, but I have the wrong number, please send it over again" or "Did you get all my voice mail messages?" (of course my phone number is no where in the ad anywhere).

So, for some reason, they really want to get my phone number for some spamming reasons.

8. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

So it's probably not a good idea to reply to them wishing they burn in hell for all eternity?

9. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

That is why CL is Free

10. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

Ug i am going though the same experience with CL. its so brutal. I respond back to anyone FUCK OFF SCAMMER

11. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

I put my house up for rent on CL and another site. I didn't put any info on CL and just some pics listed at $1700 a month. On the other site, a legit rental site my wife listed the address. Don't you know some scammer took our address and photos and made thier own CL ad listing the house for $700? I was like wtf. That was a crazy ordeal.

12. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

What is even more fun is to create a fake email with a name like Richard Cranium or something and then go on craigslist and mess with idiots that post things for sale that are either crap, or way over priced.