1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Endurance rules

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Mongo, Nov 13, 2009.

1. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Are the 2010 rules changing again? Headline on the main wera.com page now talks about three classes only plus one-off teams being able to run for contingency. No mention of the trophy class.

Thanks

2. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

they are all trophy classes + any contingency posted for each particular class. its just the one off class doesnt pay points.

3. JBall

From the front page: "For 2010 WERA will have only three points/contingency paying classes: Heavyweight; Mediumweight and Lightweight. We will also allow one-off teams to run any round for contingency only, no points and they can be an all Novice Team, or mixed Novice/Expert Team and they need to run in the displacement class their machine fits."

This is different than what was previously posted. Originally there was a fourth class, heavyweight SB rules, that was trophy only. Now it appears that a one off team will run against the regulars.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ignore the press release written by Evelyne and pay attention to the rules written by Sean. It'll make your life a lot simpler in the long run. A press release is not a rulebook, it's simply a press release...

5. JBall

:up:

I'll wait for the rb.:D

6. JBall

New rulebook appears to show only three classes (realize its not finished). Did I miss something?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah you did, big time missed it :)

8. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Forgive him , he is OLD !!!

9. Eric Konigsberg

Eric Konigsberg Eagle Racing

this is good they still count as bikes enterd into class witch will help out the contigencys!!

10. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

11. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

just make sure you read the fine print. The bike is VERY expensive. Not really a good deal.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

$40k put up is great no matter what the equipment cost is. Better return than $1k per event most people put up for a win.

13. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

speaking of... whats the WERA purse this year? And any word from Yamaha on their contingency?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No WERA purse and no word from Yamaha. What we spread out to you guys wasn't a huge amount to anyone but lumped together it was the difference between breaking even and losing money at a lot of events last year. If things pick up we'll put it back in.

Nothing from any OEM's about contingency.

15. J. WILLOW

J. WILLOW Well-Known Member

Sure would be nice to know something from the OEM's. I hate being on a fence, finish build on the endurance bike or turn back to street bike and sell.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I just received an e-mail from Reid Nordin-Team Green
    Asked if there was any update on contengency.
    "Lots of meetings but no news........."

17. J. WILLOW

J. WILLOW Well-Known Member

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I can't say I'm encouraged, but you know the old saying about no news.
    I'm not buying a new bike, so it does not effect me as much.

19. Millwoodva

Millwoodva Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update..:up:
    I check their site daily...
    DETAILS COMING SOON!

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

He said he would let me know when things are confirmed.