Tuf Finale

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Dec 5, 2009.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

On spike now.

2. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Kimbo's game is getting better. Pretty boring fight for him but showed flashes of whats to come. Hell of a shot by Roy in the big fight.

3. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Kimbo looked sharp. Watching Houston Alexander run in circles was hugely disappointing.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Houston looked liked he was afraid to have his chin tested again. Kimbo is improving for shure.

Can't believe Chucks gonna fight Tito.

5. gixxersmitty

I was like everyone else and figured Houston would come out and throw like a maniac. What he did was probably smart, but I'd say he lost some fans over it.

The Chuck/Tito fight announcement didnt suprise me a whole lot. Dana pretty much said Chuck is his friend and he just couldnt tell him no. There will also be alot of heat between the two of them while coaching season 11. They would probably end up fighting it out on the show if there wasnt a fight scheduled for the end.

6. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

Did anyone else think that the Kimbo/Houston fight looked rigged? I mean, you don't knock someone down with a leg kick and then stand there w/ your hands on your hips while they gather themselves.

I saw several occasions where something seemed fishy...

7. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

Houston just looked scared of Kimbo's hands. Did anyone else notice how much bigger Kimbo was?!?!

That was the best Nelson has ever fought fwiw.

8. random hero

random hero Banned

I might be the minority, but with some of the recent fights (machita, randy couture) some of the fights seem like they could be "rigged" or at least coursed to go a certain direction, not to mention some odd descions. It's only a matter of time before politics play a role in the UFC's outcome.... I myself think things def. could be planned out in some of these fights

On a side note, really good interview last week w/Joe Rogan on Ellis Sirius show, he said the athletic commission decides who judges and ref's these fights, 98% of the judges are NOT mma fans, and some don't even understand what these fights are to be scored on. I guess after the Machita fight Dana was pretty upset, and the judges had some very odd way's of rationalizing their scores to him. He also commented on how bad of a ref mazzagati is, again not an mma guy, and seems to lack judgment and shit the bed quite often. I think they should have ex-mma fighters be involved in the officiating if the current athletic commissions people are clueless.....

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  9. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

kimbo did pretty damn well! better than i thought, and much much better than a few short years ago. i was a skeptical about him as anyone, and even i am coming around.

10. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

boring fights last night. I've always thought Hammill was overrated. Jones dominted it him. Thought Jones won until they dq'd him for the elbows

11. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

Ufc = gayness.

Long live pride.

12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Those Pride champs have had some great debuts in the UFC.:Poke:

13. gixxersmitty

I knew when they stopped it because Jones threw an illegal elbow, then Hammill didnt get up that they were going to DQ Jones.

I liked seeing Kimbo drop Houston on his head with that crazy slam.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

First time watching UFC ever. Never really cared for it much, but it was actually pretty good.

The Kimbo/Houston fight was a bit disappointing though, I thought they were there to fight not run around in circles...

15. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

TUF finale's always deliver.

I wanted to see....and I quote Dana White... "the Worst physique in professional sports" Roy Nelson get KTFO. He caught Schaub with a beautiful punch behind the ear.

Frankie Edgar is an animal BTW.

16. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

:stupid:

Not a Roy Nelson fan myself...

This season I gained a lot of respect for Kimbo.

17. davegix6

davegix6 Well-Known Member

kimbo was way stronger than Houston, didnt you see that body slam. if houston would have attacked kimbo on the ground, kimbo would have overpower him.

18. That flabby ass fat guy hasn't impressed me AT ALL either in the UF or this finale. He got a lucky punch, other then that it was a fairly equal fight with a guy with no experience. This guy won't stand a chance against any of the Heavyweights in the game right now. I look forward to watching someone put this guy flat on his fat ass on a regular basis.
    With that said, he seems like a nice guy, but he came off as this bad ass on the show and he was just dominating guys and he is just too good to be associated with anyone in the UFC. I just didn't see him do much of anything that would make him worth a 6 figure contract.

19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

As much as I dislike watching Roy Jones, I'll have to admit he did overcome. That being said, there is absolutely no way that his "I'll just put you in a crucifix and lay my fat ass over top of you for 3 rounds" will cut it. I was in disbelief when the ref let it happen during the Kimbo fight.

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I saw th rerun of the fights and I don't understand how one minute the ref was going to take a point from Jones and the next minutes he's DQ'ed? :confused:

That Kimbo fight was an embarrassment, especially to Kimbo's opponent. How in the hell do you kick someone's leg out, he goes to the ground and you don't prounce on him :tut:.

I'm starting to think that the UFC is rigged. I watched the last episode and saw the 2 blacks guys, I can't recall their names, repeatedly calling each other biiootches back and forth. If 2 dudes wanted to fight one b*tch is all it takes.