1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Endurance rules

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Mongo, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll expand more on them later but we decided to go with 4 classes for 2010 - LW, MW, HW all Superbike and then a non-points run for fun class (HW SB rules so everything will fit).

2. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the run for fun class won't pay any contingency? If it did it would seem like it might take away from the other classes....I like it though

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That will be up to the contingency sponsors not us but I doubt you'll see much in it. It's more for local riders who want to just put together a team and have fun and go for a trophy.

4. gpstar748

Cool idea, I like it. What will the name of the class be?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No idea yet.

6. alan

alan Well-Known Member

The fourth class will be good for the grid but its not going to help fill the other classes so they can get contingency payout. But I guess only having a superbike class will help that out.

7. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I saw the RRW announcement on this which seemed to say things a bit differently on the "fun class" in that it said the bike had to run with the displacement class it was made for(??) but the above says HW SB? I assume this will better explained as things get sorted out.

I understand why there may not be much contingency available for the new class, but how about seeing if there at least might be a bit of tire support? With the typical payout (3 to pay 6 type of thing) the tire folks won't be in for too much, and endurance racing does use tires.

Overall hopefully it will be good for the regulars, and I'm hoping Kentucky will be on the schedule for next year for a "one-off" run!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Miscommunication between Evelyne and I as well as me not proofreading the release very well sorry. It'll be one class and the teams in it will just be racing each other.

9. gpstar748

if you want tire support run the other classes, pretty simple

that is if the tire companies dont offer contingency in this class of course

10. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I like it. I'm going to be entering some of the endurance races this year rather than the solo's

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

"Formula Fun"?

12. Apollo JD

Apollo JD Ninja Cat

Cluburance

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Trophy Class is what they call is what this type of class is normally called. To Mongo's point, no money, just for fun and bragging rights, so ithink trophy class would fit.

15. gpstar748

:clap:

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

FunHole....FH/1 for short.

17. kosta

kosta Well-Known Member

After a couple of years off from endurance, I am really missing it and thinking of putting a LWT bike together if I can get a couple of riders interested. I am not really understanding the advantage to this 4th class but I'm pretty dense. Is there a reason someone would run it instead of just entering the displacement classes? Entry fees less or something? Thanks for straightening me out!

18. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

Mongo, true superbike rules then? Quick fills for tanks and oversize tanks are okay?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

20. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Hey Sean,

Do you require a shark fin chain guard in endurance?

Rick