vintage wrap up

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by VVRONGO, Nov 12, 2009.

1. VVRONGO

VVRONGO New Member

Sooo ahh yea, umm nom nom, where's that cheeseburger.... Ahhh any way, this vintage thing is going great right? Since WERA well actually I took over running it again, I mean before it was a hassle for you guys, several of you helping out, making sure the rules were updated, your little post race parties, I mean it is allot better now with me handling it all. Well there is the little issue of the GS450 in 500 GP, yea in know it has been there at least 4 years and every year you guys tell me, at some point I will actually do something about fixing the typo. Hell only two of you dip shits have started to build a GS450 for 500 GP right? I mean its really tough shit for them, what Idiot would not know this is mistake? Hell in reality is all the effort and $ spent is their own fault..

I know yea yea I know there is that issue with the Seca in V5, yea in spite of saying I was going to handle it I have ignored it for what 3 years now, hell how long has it been since I said I was going to make a decision this last time? Well at least it has been good for what 3 protests, but hey Joe is just a pain in my ass and it's not like it isn't good entertainment every time the whole protest thing blows up right? We get at least 2 or 3 threads in this dead vintage section that go what 50+ posts? It’s just so funny to watch the pro-Seca / Joe haters go at it with the pro-Joe / the bike is illegal crowd...

Hell there can't be more than half a dozen off season rule changes in the past several years I forgot to include in the rules, at some point these will be good for a protest or two and as I said they are always entertaining. You know for me all these different vintage bikes, the rules and all that crap is just a big waste of time, you should all just get out there and ride like it is a track day, some of you need to get a grip and realize its not really racing. :puke:

You V7 guys need to take a page from the true vintage crowd, I will continue to pretend I understand or give a crap about vintage, you pretend I am actually participating and managing this. In the end just show up run what you want, maybe we can have a few more protests and the excitement they bring, it's all good. If your not ok with that then go run with AHRMA or CCS or what ever.. I mean just because those other organizations actually treat customers like they are customers, novel idea huh? What a bunch of crap.

You just have to understand how difficult it is for me to keep the promises I have made and make time to actually manage the vintage program. You have no clue how much time it takes to participate in mindless arguments in the Dungeon or slap around the idiots that post stupid shit in the general forum. I bet that most of you don't realize that I spend more time arguing on the BBS with idtios that are not even paying WERA members than I do responding to you whiney vintage racers that pay your entry and license fees each year! I know, I know it is just crazy how much of my time these non-WERA members / BBS'ers suck up, I wish there was something I could do about it but someone has to take care of this critical group of BBS users, after all this is an important part of what I do for WERA.

I think we can all agree this has really been an improvement over the old vintage, there are less of you each year, spread out over more the races it gives you more room on the track, the trophy's get spread around to more riders and that is what it is all about right?... This makes the GNF that much easier, more room for you in the pits etc.

I have worked hard at improving Vintage and I think I deserve allot of credit... I know you guys think you are different with all or your vintage group socializing crap but it is easier for me to tell myself that its all just WERA. Actually it makes it easier for me to rationalize neglecting and ignoring the vintage group... Just face it my operation of the vintage group is a huge success by my own definition, at least that is what I am telling myself :rolleyes:

Hell if I was honest with myself I would realize if it wasn't for the fact that I am married to the boss I would still be fighting the other corner workers for their lunch, I am one lucky sumbitch :crackup:

I wanted to make sure you all know WERA is glad to provide the Vintage group with the privilege of spending your hard earned race money with us.

Well guess that sums it all up, now someone get me a Yuengling and a couple more cheeseburgers, I am off to the Dungeon or the general forum, I'll see yall next year. :up:

2. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

I love it 100% correct and to the point. we only thought ahrma was screwed up.what really sucks is how good it could be with a little work.:beer:

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

This oughta be good...:Pop:

Maybe if you hate WERA's running of the vintage segment, you should run vintage somewhere else? Unless you don't like that org either.... hmmm. That's a tough one.

Maybe found, organize, pay the startup costs for, and run your own roadrace program? Hey, the timing right now couldn't be better. :rolleyes:

4. phantom 309

Dude I don't hate wera at all, I just think this is funny and wera vintage could be so much better if someone gave a shit. If you disagree with that you are a tard.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I may indeed be tarded, but I'm not fucking stupid. Insulting Sean and starting a new BBS account and posting this as the first post, in an attempt to further the changes you desire, is.

There are many ways to skin a cat, so to speak.

The OP's tactic in this case, seems to be a poor choice. Dunno.

To me the phrase "don't shit where you eat" comes to mind.

Oh BTW - my post wasn't directed at you, it was in regards to the OP's post.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  6. phantom 309

I know but I have seen this for years and a huge number of guys are now and sick of it. they just want to come away with a smile after they spend there hard earned money with wera vintage not a no one was there but I won. They just want a Little effort put into it. I have no clue who wrote this but I know it was coming.

7. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE=

There are many ways to skin a cat, so to speak.

The OP's tactic in this case, seems to be a poor choice. Dunno.

To me the phrase "don't shit where you eat" comes to mind.

Thats true... Sean is prob happy with the staus quo, and might believe there's nothing to be gained by doing more. Could be that simple.

8. phantom 309

9. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Dude....im trying to be polite....As..ole!!:D

10. phantom 309

:beer:

11. charles

charles The Transporter

Whoever wrote it, there was some wit involved as well...Although there is some basic misinformation about Mongo...he no longer does cheeseburgers, much too parochial, the Bacon Cheese Thickburger is his new delight!:clap:

By the way, Tim, how did the first meeting of the International Dickwaud Association turn out?:up:

Oh one more thing: does the OP realize he has placed his mortal life in jeopardy poking at the Dungeon? There are hard-core guys there, some have spittle-coated monitors and worn-out keyboards from raging out at their antagonists in the wee hours of the night. Internet attacks can be gruesome. People get off of their meds in the heat of battle, and shit happens.

Besides all of this, it is highly possible, given the way things are going these days, that the BBS could be modified to rake in millions, so meybe Mongo sees where technology and social changes are taking us, and his time on the BBS is time well spent...don't laugh at this, gents.

12. joec

joec brace yourself

is the ahrma beeb gone again?

we'll see who lasts longer. ahrma, or wera. i have zero issues with ahrma.

wera has kick ass 350/500gp grids in the mid atlantic and north east. v3 watch out! there are going to be 15-20 available 350/500gp bikes next year going by the winter builds and existing entries. 2010 is going to be a great season.

13. phantom 309

mongo must be at dinner or he would have had this nuked.:)

14. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Charles come on, there is no way any of the crazy Dungeon posters ever check out the vintage section.

15. charles

charles The Transporter

Why yes, yes they do...some of the Dungeon Masters knew full well that vintage racing gives off positive vibes. Besides, they have people everywhere.

16. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

ok that is funny and pretty well written.(could be the transporter:eek:) I am almost positive Mongo will think so too. He will also not give a shit. He will also say if you dont like it dont come out and race with us. A few years back I honestly thought wera vintage was going to be finished. I feel like we all are lucky that it still even exists. It is not seans problem that the grids are not big. He also knows that it is probably not in his best financial interest to pour a lot of time and energy into rebuilding it. I did some races this year and had a fucking blast. I hope i can do the same next next year.

17. phantom 309

I would have a blast too if I only got on track twice a year.:) Well written so you know I didn't do it.:)

18. joec

joec brace yourself

insiderguy???

haha!

what grids aren't down???

hey buf, explain to him that if a championship only takes 2 race weekends, well, thats all it takes!

19. phantom 309

Maybe with uscra but not down here in the south.:rolleyes:

20. Motomark32

Motomark32 skinny tires

Who is VVRONGO? (and where did he get that cool avatar?)

Just to clarify; the OP is pissed because there are two typos in the rule book & the vintage grids aren't big enough? Jus axxin.