Cheaters Sometimes Never Win

Discussion in 'General' started by spcassell, Nov 2, 2009.

1. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=38587

Congrats on Santiago Villa winning the Columbian Championship. Shame on Juan Camilo Correa. He showed up this year and was running in CCS Florida Region Amateur Class. It was kinda odd that he was starting from the back of the grid and finishing top three. Finally Henry bumped his ass to expert after seeing his Columbian Championship results. He finished one Columbian Championship race right behind Cardenas (who, by the way, hauls @$$ and deserved the AMA title).

Cheaters sometimes get their own.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

lol thats funny....that he was doing that lol....

3. Was he technically cheating?

Did his race experience in Columbia warrant an automatic Expert license with CCS by the rulebook?

If there is some clause in CCS's rulebook about prior racing experience and starting out as an Expert....and he tried to hide his past experience by showing up like "hey, how do i turn this thing on and where do i go?"...then yeah, i can see the disgust.

Even then, i don't know if i would label that cheating per say. Now, if he showed up in the Am. 600 class with a 750 engine, then yeah...that is cheating.

4. maine11204

maine11204 Well-Known Member

I don't see how he would benefit from that. If i was already an established racer I'm not sure I would really be to proud of a amateur championship.

5. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

you need to go train..and not posting stuff...:up::beer:

6. maine11204

I'm at skool. :D

7. spcassell

Henry asked him about his prior experience and he told him he was an amateur from Columbia. Whe the season started I asked Henry about this guy and he said it sounded fishy from the get go, but they let him race amateur because they did not have proof of him racing previously in America. His 2nd session at Jennings GP he was running 1:20's flat. 2nd session mind you. Race pace for Amateurs is low 1:19's. It's a constant problem in Florida region with cherry pickers every year.

8. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

then you should be studying lol....:crackup: k..no more thread jackin..

lol back to the topic....

9. maine11204

I had to race an old guy doin 18's on a stock bike at Jennings. Since Correa wasn't doing 16's like the experts I don't see a problem with him racing amatuer, but thats just me.

10. spcassell

I had to race the same old guy. His home track is Jennings and he hauls ass around there. When was Villa at Jennings?

And most expert middleweights run 17's. Only a couple guys were running 16's.

11. maine11204

Didn't mean Villa :eek: sorry.

12. Well technically, he was an amateur from Columbia. :)

Granted, he is a pretty fast one...but still. I don't see what he did as cheating per say. Maybe he wanted to ease into racing in the US instead of jumping right into the Expert ranks.

WERA has its fair share of cherry pickers. People who constantly finish high, run fast lap times but petition to stay Novice. Are they cheating?

What about guys who do track days for years and years and get to the point of running consistent Expert lap times long before they apply for a race license. Then they come into Novice races and clean house. Are they cheating?

Just sayin'...

IMO, "cheating" is purposely/knowingly breaking a rule in an effort to gain an unfair advantage.

13. spcassell

He was running the Columbian Championship at the same time as running Amateur. Oh yeah, and he was leading the Championship in points. He still competed here as an Ameteur until a couple rounds ago when Henry bumped him.

Maybe I should have titled the thread "Sometimes Cherry Pickers Never Win". That probably would have been more appropriate.

14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

:stupid:
    This guy was basically ripped from an amateur champoinship for having previous amateur experience.
    Sounds like a bunch of crying bullshit to me.

15. Yeah, maybe so :D

16. spcassell

You're probably right. It just sucks none the same for true first year Amateurs.

17. spcassell

He was ripped from an Amateur Championship because he was winning the Columbian Profesional Series. He was racing against, Cardenas, Villa, Puerta, etc.

(he never beat Cardenas: just a cliff note)

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I always wanted to do something like that. :D

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

If you understood more about how passionate the Columbians are about being champion you might reconsider that statement. I have had the pleasure of racing and knowing Santiago Villa, Marco Martinez (he may be from Venezuela), Robertino P., Raffael Ferrer and others as friends. I don't know Martin C. but he is pretty much has the key to the city. From learning something of the culture down there from my Columbian and other South American friends, the public holds these riders up as national heros.. Totally awesome. Could you imagine if we were held in that respect here?? Anyway.. being even an AM champion will get you more girls that you could shake your pole at.. er.. point it at.. er.. :cool: You get the picture now.

Congrats Santiago!

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I still don't understand that....