AMA Sportster spec class

Discussion in 'General' started by lonewrench, Sep 19, 2009.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Billy Ocean, maybe?

2. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I think the Buells would be a better sec series bike. Couldn't you have a Buell City X spec series. I just don't see how you can have a spec series when you need to get 17-inch wheels and mod up a bike. Isn't a spec series about keeping the buy-in costs low (in theory)?

3. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

I rode Harleys for 13 years. If there isnt a beer tub, bar stools to sit their fat asses on and a bimbo serving said beer...they aint going and if they do, it wont be for long.

The core group of Harley riders are not about being a fan...its about them trying to be cool and talking about how much chrome/motor work they have on their 700lbs turds.

4. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Yeah, but H-D doesn't have any impetus to promote a Buell spec series, they have Eslick out there putting that Buell name out front as it is in the series...

It's all about branding, baby, and market impressions! Got to get that H-D logo out in front of people! (In my best PR/Marketing flack sales poofery imitation...)

5. speeddemon828

speeddemon828 casual user

I don't know man, I've been in the Harley scene my whole life. Some of the guys love bikes, racing, choppers, pretty much anything motorcycle related. Some guys don't even have a clue about racing. But chances are if someone they ride with says "lets ride to the track this weekend. I heard there are some Harleys racing." I think they'll check it out. Half the time these guys are just looking for a place to ride to.

Seriously. How can this be a bad thing? Sometimes you have to just start throwin shit at the wall and see what sticks.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I like Elton John. :confused:

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Much is explained. :Poke:

Do you not know the story?

8. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

This thread has taken an ugly turn...

9. Putter

Whaddya mean, Kesler? Elton helped me score chicks in high school. And Rocket Man rocks your lame world. EAD. :D

What's the story?

On topic, I think they should race fully loaded Road Kings with a passenger.

10. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Does it have to be your old lady or can you swap'em at the beer stops?

11. Putter

You swap old ladies at the beer stops but you keep the same dog.

12. Joe Morris

You're on to something! Can the beer stops be set to musical cues with some country music like musical chairs?

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Doesn't matter, but ever rider needs to have a T-shirt over his leathers that says "If you can read this, the bitch fell off"

14. Joe Morris

If this is visible will the corner workers put out a "Get Your White Trash Off My Lawn" flag?

15. Putter

Nope, that constitutes this one.

[​IMG]

16. Joe Morris

Thanks Putter. I'll just save my questions for the rule book. :beer:

17. Putter

RTFRB :D

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

19. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

For the record, this series is run every weekend bar to bar in SE Wisconsin. :crackup:

20. Putter

:crackup: SO EFFING TRUE :crackup: