1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 Briatore and Simonds leave Renault

Discussion in 'General' started by beechkingd, Sep 16, 2009.

1. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

2. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

:stupid: :wow:

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Glad to see Briatore go.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

After reading up on what the did with Piquet, good riddance.

5. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

It was speculated for a while that he might leave. Can anyone say 'conflict of interest'?

6. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

Piquet should of never thrown the team under the Bus.

You just don't do it.

Anyways looking at one of the comments. Would that of given Massa a championship?

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Seems Briatore threw him out cold in the street before Piquet threw the team under the bus. Karma is a bitch.

8. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Massa's pit stop took care of his points in Singapore. It could be argued that if the complexion of the race had been different at that particular time i.e not delayed/changed by Piquet's crash, then the pit stop might have been a little more controlled, and he wouldn't have taken off with the hose still attached, and so on.
    It just brings up once again how F1 is not 'racing' as such any more, it's a game of strategy played off the racing surface.
    Good riddance to Briatore, and Symonds too - they knew full well what they were doing at the time. Piquet too, for that matter - but he left it a bit late to now be playing the 'I'm a hero for being the whistleblower' role. If he'd kept his drive, he would have remained silent. Nobody comes out of this smelling anything but putrid.
    Cheers
    Barry

9. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I just hope that Renault's penalty after Monday's hearing reflects the level of race fixing that this ended up being. And it HAS to be worse than the penalty given to McLaren.

When Ron Dennis found out about the Ferrari plans being in the team, he fired the person responsible immediately and informed the FIA about what happened, and they still lost all constructor points.

Here, you have the team priniciple and chief engineer fixing a race AND covering it up. Much, much worse.

Also also, I dont want one of those responsible in both of the above cases to continue on unscathed. Fernando Alanso was involved in both of these cases personally. He should be drummed out of F1 immediately. Let him go to Sports cars. If they let Alanso continue to drive, they have no teeth in the right areas.

10. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Piquet was a whiny brat from day 1 and never got any good results. He deserved to lose his ride. Blowing the whistle after the fact will only further his exile from F1.

Good riddance to Briatore and Symonds as well. Both of them are lying cheats.

11. Spyderchick

:stupid:

It's already been hinted that Alonso knew what was going on at that event. The fact that he was also involved in the McLaren/Ferrari scandal doesn't leave much regarding his integrity.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  12. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I haven't researched the results, but with 1 point and last lap last corner pass determining the World Championship this could have had a direct effect on it if it turns out to be true. If true, life time bans everyone involved.

I wonder if DMG is going to claim JRP was there and blame him for this?:Poke:

13. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Piquet is the bigger asshole and dumbass than the person that suggested crashing. It takes a special POS to tell a driver to do it but it take an even bigger asshat to wreck on purpose risking himself and others.

None invovled should ever be allowed back in F1 again.

14. edgefinder

edgefinder Well-Known Member

Does Rob Tuluie still work for those flakey car guys? Hope he comes back to vintage,clubman racing some day.

15. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. If Piquet hadn't crashed, what would have happened? Would he have been fired then? I doubt it, as then Renault would have had to explain it. Piquet would have had a little leverage still. "Fire me and I'll tell the world that you asked me to crash on purpose." It would turn in to a he said, he said deal, but at least both sides would know where the other stood. The moment Piquet laid down for them, he was finished.

16. Spyderchick

He might have been done either way, they had been talking about canning his ass for poor performance. Unless he had something to back up his allegations, accusing Renault of ordering him to crash would have been hearsay. He should have quit the moment they asked him to crash. No one may have believed his story, but at least he would have taken the high road.

It will be really interesting to see how the FIA ultimately handles the sanctions and fines. This is pretty explosive stuff.

17. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Drivers get ditched all the time. If you're not fast - esp at that level - then you're out (see Badoer). You're only as good as your last result. That being said, Piquet just signed his obit in pro racing. He'll be lucky to get a job at a Bondurant school after this. No one will touch him with a ten foot pole.

18. Spyderchick

But Badoer is old, and Nelson still relatively young. Nelson certainly was foolish. Most F1 drivers go on to have careers long after they leave the series.

Speaking of old F1 drivers, anyone see Mansell on Top Gear? I didn't recognize him at first without the 'stache. Mofo is still wicked quick!

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He shared a car with his son on Sunday at the LMS 1000 km of Silverstone.

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Senior did it, it wasnt his team... Junior was the one driving for Renault.