1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

... and you want them to control healthcare???

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by thrak410, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

FWIW:

If you're someone trying to sell a 1 or 2 year old car, you just got screwed out of $4500 resale value, too... :wow:

Cheaper to buy a new one. :Poke:

2. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

as in i am my own employer and buy an individual plan on the open market and not a employer contribution type. as for your phrasology try getting one without the other. many hospitals will not treat you if you don't have insurance. nobody buys healthcare because unless your rolling your own g-7 you cant afford it. you buy insurance and pay a tiny portion of the actual cost of treatment. health care and insurance are inseperable. but htis thread is about cash for clunckeres and it was just re-opened and more funds have been added. stimulating a debt based economy with more debt should work just fine right? i'm going out and maxing out my cards and calling for a line increase who's with me?

3. extrabill

extrabill Guest

You lose, country wins.

The House approved a bill Friday afternoon to provide $2 billion to continue the federal government's week-old "cash for clunkers" program, which has proven so popular with consumers that it was almost out of cash. The 316-109 vote split Republicans but attracted the support of nearly every Democrat in the chamber.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/31/AR2009073101173.html?hpid=topnews

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I get all the health care I need, and pay for it out-of-pocket. My G-7 is in the shop, so I roll in either my 265k mile truck or my 175k mile van.

So to rebut your assertion that the two are inseparable, I am living, breathing proof of the folly of your assumption.

Now this I can agree with. :beer:

The disgusting part of it truly is the destruction of perfectly functional, if not "politically correct" (read: "green") vehicles.

Sarah has been reading the bill...apparently participation in the program is considered "government benefit"...which has a rather insidious connection to the new health care clusterfuck that they're trying to ram down our throats. It would seem that recipients of "government benefits" are going to be automagically stuffed into I'BlameYa-Care.

Welcome to slavery.

5. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

yeah! i likes my f2fizzle with the extra turbo whistle chuggin down a galon per per ten mizzles.

i was talking more towards emergency care which is the only type i'm likely to need. but i do concede that exams and maintence is coverable out of pocket

6. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

A lady at work traded her Durango for the Cash for Clunkers program. She watched them drain the oil and seize the engine.

The salesman told her that people are trading in cars worth more than $4500 on the Cash for Clunker program....could someone please explain that to me? Are people so blind to following these government programs?

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Democratic voters supporting the people they elected? :D

8. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Thats honestly my only explanation...

"Just keep the extra money...Barack needs it for other stuff."

9. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

yep, when this thing was first introduced, the piece of crap car my son has been driving (96 mercury sable wagon) would qualify. We were waiting for the C for C to kick in and was going to take advantage of it. One week into the program, and now this POS that isnt worth $500 doesnt qualify. :mad:

10. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

my bike is a pig on gas, right around 89 miles the light comes on, twins are thirsty, plus a fat top end map

11. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

Big twins are notoriously terrible on fuel. My RC51 and TL1000R both gobbled fuel like crazy.