1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Day Health Insurance???

Discussion in 'General' started by hotnail, Jul 15, 2009.

1. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Question for all you forum junkies and racers! I have disability insurance, life insurance, and good health insurance that protects me at the track (I have confirmed that with all three of my providers). The problem is that my health has the word "auto racing" in its exclusions. It does say it covers "motorcycles, atv's, etc". Im confident that Im covered for trackdays but I really am concerned about the "racing" part.

My main question is that is there a health insurance that I can get to cover just the 6-8 races a year that I race? Any advice would be really helpful and appreciated. THX:up:

2. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Any advice or experience on this subject?

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Just a guess that insurance for just the racing part will probably have a high premium. My insurance through work covered my racing crashes in 1996 and 1998. The 1996 crash was basically the only claim over 5 years of coverage.

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Contact Brandon Parrish at: www.ridersurance.com

He's a racer/insurance agent. He will answer all your questions on this.

5. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I would have the HR person at your employer check with the insurance company to verify. I have pretty much the same wording in my policy, so I had them verify that motorcycle road racing would be ok. They get some director involved, and said it WAS covered. So, now I get a letter of coverage before every race weekend to be safe.

I have heard that people have had their policy changed without getting notice, and it has had negative effects. I just want to be extra careful, especially since my last incident...:rolleyes:

6. bp@RiderSurance.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

There is not a company out there that just offers race day health insurance. If your policy states "auto racing" then motorcycle racing would def be included in that exlcusion in the eyes of the insurance company. What alot of guys do if your company is paying for your portion, tell them your situation and see if they wouldnt mind cutting you a check for that cost of benefits so you can get coverage on your own that covers racing. Email me if you have other questions.