Making custom tire warmer's

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ginness72, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ginness72

ginness72 Well-Known Member

hello everyone,
    I was one of the people that purchased a set of Sumomoto tire warmers.
    Any way i was wondering if there are any electronics guys on here to guide me through fixing them.
    My objective is to eliminate the digital control box, they are junk!!! I need to know where i can locate the type of electronic thermostats i can use to hard wire each one (front & rear ) with there own plugs.
    these are out of warranty so i would probably have to pay shipping and repair cost for them to fix there garbage f--ing product's .
    thank you in advance for any and all advice. :beer:

2. ginness72

nobody has anything ?

3. SLOGY

SLOGY New Member

I got a set also, and my control box only works if the ambient temp is above about 65.
    I sent several emails asking if there was a way to fix this and never got a response.

They are crap and I will by something like Chicken Hawks after the summer.

4. 750 dan

750 dan Well-Known Member

Don't try to polish a turd. Shit can them and get a used set of warmers. I got a used set of Chickenhawks for $200 and they work great.

Just my 2 cents

5. ginness72

I agree 100% , the actual warmers themselves seem to be half way decent, so i was looking to see if anybody had any good websites for controller's that i am unable to find. the box is f--ing junk!

6. ginness72

:crackup: that's so true.

7. PJMag

PJMag Member

hey Tony I got some turd polish in my garage if you need some!

8. GBAUTO

GBAUTO Well-Known Member

9. ginness72

ya i'll have to swing by and pick that shit up yo, it's hard to find good polish :up:

10. ginness72

cool thanks , I found another site that sells similar controls that are on the sumomoto's . I would rather buy the ones from johnson controls knowing that there products are alot better guilty. :beer:

11. StrongPerf

StrongPerf Member

Do you use the sensor pickup for a closed loop temp feedback to the controller? Do you run one seperate controller for each tire?

12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I have a set of these and they have worked great so far had them for a year and a half now I hope mine dont take a shit how long did you have your I bought mine brand new

13. GBAUTO

GBAUTO Well-Known Member

The controllers came with the temp probes-without them the controllers won't operate. I have separate controllers for the tires so that you can set them to different temps if you want. They also have a offset function that allows you to set two different cut-off temps. I use a small toggle switch to change between full bake temp and a standby setting for long down times. I can't take credit for finding these-my brother is a home brewer and he uses these all the time for making beer.:up:

14. StrongPerf

StrongPerf Member

That's exactly what I thought you were doing. I was wondering how the probes worked. Do you just place between the warmers and the tire? I think I will go this route or try to use hight watt dimmer switches to reduce temps for long down times... Thanks for the info!