1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Springfield mile on Speed

Discussion in 'General' started by TannerGriff1222, Jun 12, 2009.

1. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

Oh, hell yes.
    :up:

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

There's going to be a mile race here in Stockton in September. I've never seen a mile in person, should be good. It's not an AMA race, but I'm hoping a bunch of the pros show. I'm planning on mounting a few remote cameras for some interesting angles. Probably see if someone will let me mount my VIO POV video camera on their bike too. :)

3. thekid

thekid Well-Known Member

obviously valentino rossi is a hero, and the race from spain today was awesome. that being said, i had goosebumps for the entire springfield mile, just as i did every time i was there, either as a racer or a fan. it gives you an indication of how special it is when depain comes out just for that race. thanks to speed for getting it on tv again.

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Cool to see so many roadracers doing it.

5. bel-biv

Hopefully we get more flat track racing on the toob

6. thekid

thekid Well-Known Member

i agree, but i think it is more appropriate to say cool to see so many dirt trackers roadracing. i remember larry pegram at the amateur nationals in binghamton, ny back in like 85? he had the fastest 125 i had ever seen.

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I thought the coverage was excellent as well.....the camera angles were great....the overhead, and how did they get the moving shots on the backstretch...truck or something?....camera on a rail?

Very cool stuff :up:

8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Mav TV (if you get it) did the Springfield TT and will be doing Peoria and some other races as well.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

IIRC, the camera is motorized and on a wire flyway for the horse races at the fairground. That would also explain how come it kept getting passed by the bikes. :D

10. bel-biv

Thanks!
    Not sure if I get that channel, will check...

11. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

And re-airing the Springfield Mile.

Dreb

12. joec

joec brace yourself

ok, well, you win there. i didnt know pegram was a dter though. cool to see bonsey do it. carr is pretty amazing. dude just keeps at it. cool that those guys can race dt. why dont the haydens get back to it? hmmm?? if bonsey can, and pegram can....

13. dr.z

dr.z Well-Known Member

What Ducati was Pegarm racing?

14. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

Very cool, good coverage. BTW, Despain should be announcing for all the roadraces too.

15. joec

joec brace yourself

not sure, but i read somethng i thought was funny. a comment about getting nicky back out there. someone said, "ducati should build one for hayden so maybe he will finally have a chance at winning on a ducati".

ouch!

16. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

E-bay Sport 1000 with a modified frame.

17. thekid

thekid Well-Known Member

i think that is assuredly a money thing. when nicky was a kid his nickname was 'mr. dirt' because he wanted to be a dirt tracker, not a roadracer. back in 2002 (boy am i old) the hayden brothers swept the podium at the springfield tt. if i remember correctly they were all on different brands, just like today.

18. Gumby647

Gumby647 SeƱor Member

Actually the frame was stock.

19. bel-biv

and he put it in the main?!
    wow.
    just wow.