XBOX 360 Best Simulation game

Discussion in 'General' started by gpracer15, Nov 6, 2008.

1. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

:up:Im holding out until May for the 09 version.....:up:

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

your right, i just couldnt justify getting a playstation3 for that one game, i have an xbox with the xbox steering wheel/foot pedals, i like forza series and pgr series games, i wish f1 would come out for xbox, i heard sonys rights were expiring this year so maybe xbox will get it, if not i might have to break down and get one sometime. i suck at motogp i have a hard time controlling the bike, it weaves back and forth, seems i overcorrect too much when leaning in, i enjoy the car games, but only with a wheel

3. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Well-Known Member

When is Moto GP 09 comming? Oh hey guys I emailed Black Bean Games and the sales rep told me that we will get SBK 09 in September =o(.

4. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Well-Known Member

5. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

wow SBK 08 is $20 at bestbuy.
    just picked it up yesterday
    love it/hate it

was running the season just straight from the box and didnt adjust any settings. was slaughtering the field, then i came back to this thread and after getting the realistic settings set up i suck ass now :(

we should get some races going online like we did with COD 4 matches...

6. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

no one plays online. I would be in. Post a time.

7. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

so SBK 09 is gonna be released in sept?? For the US??

its for sale on ebay from places like the Uk, If I bought one would it not work on my console???

8. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

my favorite sim racing game is moto gp 4 for ps2. the physics are amazing. very over the top but at least real. you can tuck the front and save it. and it'll highside you to the moon.j

is sbk world championship 08 or 09?

9. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

i'm looking to buy SBK 08 for the 360, but i'm more of a PC guy when it comes to sims. IMO i think nothing was ever better than Wold Superbike 2001 for PC, except maybe gp500, which is also great. if your looking for a true car sim on the pc check out iracing. alot of the real nascar guys play it, plus it has all different types of car racing. road racing, local short track stuff, and nascar trucks and cars. its pretty sweet but expensive. you have to buy the game, then tracks and cars as you go. www.iracing.com

10. SBK 08

I have SBK 08 and I agree it is by far the most realistic motorcycle game out there! If you guys get on line to play let me know so we can all link up! I will have to see what my times are at Miller! I have been doing Magny-Cours which is a badass course itself!

11. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

Just got sbk 08. WOW!!! I turned everything on extreme but put the traction on Med. and some grip in the grass. Its very challenging, but I love it. Can't wait to get the speed and consistancy to race! The graphics are pretty good to boot. The only thing I don't like is how it doesn't count a lap if you BARELY run off:confused: Didn't see a setting for that either.:( Oh and I absolutely LOOOVE the ducs:D Go Max!

12. Saddam

Saddam Well-Known Member

If you have a PS3 it will work. They're not region locked. I don't know about X360.

13. +1 I am over in Korea and the game that I bought here wouldn't work with my US XBOX 360 so I had to get a chip/mod. it was only like 35 bucks but now I can play games from the Asia region and US region games.

14. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

hmmmm well i guess I will just wait til it comes out over here..... tell me more about this chip mod??? Im not too good with technology.

15. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

Just got it for $5 b/c I had a coupon.

Figured I'd try it out.

Well I already know my 360 for some reason won't read the game HAWX.

Guess what, It will not read SBK08 either :mad:

Now I have to send the 360 to microsoft.

DAMN

16. chip mod

I'm not electronically advanced myself and I am to nervous to open my 360 up to see exactly what is in there. lol :)

17. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I've been playing WSBK for a month or so and really like the game when the "realism" is turned down. I think the so called simulation is bullshit, you can barely stay on the bike, the brakes suck, and it's just not realistic. Most games I turn off the assists but on this one, it's way more fun and realistic with them turned on.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It was supposed to be, but I think it'll probably be pushed back several months. If I remember correctly, SBK 08 wasn't available in the US until early 2009.

I just got the UK version of SBK 09 for the PS3 in the mail today. The version for PS3 is not region locked (you can play it on any PS3) so if you look on ebay you can find it from a few places in the UK and order it from there. The 360 version is region locked and the only one that will work is the one made for the US region unfortunately.

Having said that the new one is definately kickass. Graphics are better than in 08. There's multiplayer and online play. Bike's and realism settings are more configurable, there's 2 new tracks (Kylami and Portimao)........and you can play as Ben Spies :D

Strange though, the R1 doesn't have the distinctive crossplane crankshaft 'hummming" sound it makes in real life, just sounds like the other I4's in the game, which is strange because the 1198 and RSV4 sound very different. Also Spies' bike doesn't have the Sterilgarda graphics on them (the game was made before the team got the sponsorship mid-season), the swingarm is bare alum instead of black and the Akra cans are Ti instead of CF like they are in real life.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  19. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

That looks like the spies big head version cheat.....if there is one

20. Navin74

Navin74 Well-Known Member

dirt is great...