1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

race pic question

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by vance, May 24, 2009.

1. vance

vance *

My wife is a budding photographer.:rolleyes:
    She literally takes 1000 pics when she attends the races.
    We have a ton of pics of people I don't know because she's constantly practicing taking pics.
    I would like to share these pics with other racers, but I do not in any way want to infringe on any photographers that are doing this to make money.
    These are NOT professional pics, so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself on that last statement.:D
    Anyone know an EASY way to post up tons of pics or is anyone interested in receiving a copy of the pics and doing it on their own?
    I'm not too savy when it comes to this stuff and it would be painfully slow for me to try it.
    I would love to post these pics up for everyone to pick through. Some great, some not so much, but still pics.
    I have over 1000 pics from Nashville Sept 08 and Nashville april 09.
    Most of the remaining mid-central rounds she will be there with me.
    Seems a waste not to share them.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

here are a few examples:

Attached Files:

2. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

You could put them in a archive file (tar, zip, etc) and put them on a ftp site some where. Albeit everyone would be downloading large amounts of data for just a few pics. Not sure if flickr will allow 1000 pics at a shot or not.. I'm interested in the Nashville april 09 pics myself.

3. GSXRLVR

GSXRLVR Ben Kirby #884

let us know if you manage to put them up online somehow - looks like she does some awesome work!!!

4. GSXRLVR

GSXRLVR Ben Kirby #884

have you thought about putting them on a facebook or myspace page? just a thought...

5. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

facebook limits to only 60 or something photos/album. that would just get annoying after a while especially with 1000+ photos.

myspace is for rapists and whores.

id say stick with a photo hosting site such as flickr or photobucket and just post up the link to your album. you can limit the resolution so no one can download the full size and print them out for themselves, or if you do not care then thats fine as well.

best of luck.

6. vance

vance *

Actually, my intention was to let others download and print them if they choose to. I'll look into photo bucket and flickr.
    Thanks

7. vance

vance *

OK
    I just put up about 150 pics from April nashville under the username vance996
    I tried to leave out the pics of me and my friends, unless we're in traffic with others
    Anyone know how to tag all pics at once or do I have to go through every single pic?
    Surely there is a way
    Thanks

8. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

9. vance

vance *

Thanks

10. vance

vance *

One more question:
    I've put a few hundred pics from Nashville Sept 08 on there, but cannot "label" the new folder.
    I'm retarded:(

Got it!

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  11. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

thanks!! I'm in allot of them!

12. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

Are those all the nashville 09 pics? not being picky just wondering. they look great.

13. vance

vance *

Yeah, most are of me and my 2 other buddies. I tried to pick out any of us in traffic and any that we were not in at all.
    She may be going with me to Tally in two weeks.

14. FF750

FF750 Member

Put them on shutterfly. My wife does the same thing takes a ton of pics at trackdays. You can put them on shutterfly and anyone can look at them or buy them.

http://trackdaypictures.shutterfly.com/

15. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Vance, it looks like I was probably standing next to her doing the same thing, practicing with my camera since I'm not racing right now. Good pics.

16. vance

vance *

You know, that was my second race weekend and I ahev yet to actually meet anyone from the forum.
    I'm must be very unfriendly looking, or very ugly:(

Sad to say, thewife will not be able to make it down to Tally, but I'll bring the camera anyway. Maybe someone can practice their photo skills.

17. vance

vance *

Not making it to Tally, going instead to RA on 27/28. Think I have a photographer, but the offer still stands...anyone wanting pics just look me up before you race

18. vance

vance *

just put up pics of the HW solo.
    This was my handywork....:rolleyes:

I have hundreds of pics from the mw solo taken by a friend's girlfriend.
    I'll get them up soon. Not gonna sort this time, just post them all, good and bad.

19. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

Thanks again!!!!!

20. vance

vance *

Congrats on the podium Brandon!!!:beer: