1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Miller - Images

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by stephenwclark, May 21, 2009.

1. stephenwclark

stephenwclark Well-Known Member

Thank you I am glad you like them. I am using a Canon 30D and a 100-400 L IS

2. JimmyOOOOO

JimmyOOOOO pin it.

I've been trying to save up for a decent 400mm for my Nikon D200... but I'd rather do the 3-4 trackdays :)

3. stephenwclark

I know it is expensive for sure. I kind of make a living shooting so I can justify the cost

4. stephenwclark

5. JimmyOOOOO

JimmyOOOOO pin it.

lol... I guess that answers my "why don't my pictures look like that?" question! :crackup:

6. martyna

martyna A Little BRIT Different

yes they are outstanding pics, you will have to share ,,, what camera and what lens and settings, I would love to get those results of my friends when I am not on the track
    Thanks for posting them

7. martyna

martyna A Little BRIT Different

I have the EOS D40 and several lenses, do you manually set it or leave it on full auto?

8. stephenwclark

I manually set it always. The problem is that on any of the auto or partially auto settings the exposure changes so much. For example if the center point is on a white part of the bike it will underexpose the rest and the opposite for dark sections. Manual gives you much more control.
    Another big thing is to get comfortable holding the camera and panning with the bike. Slower shutter speeds if you can get them crisp are much better. It all takes practice, I have been doing this for about 3 years full time and still have so much to learn.
    Here is a link to some shots I took at Miller today during WSBK practice.
    http://my.sportbikeclub.com/_Biaggi-on-top-at-WSBK-Miller/blog/294012/46089.html