1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Six *hundred* laps

Discussion in 'General' started by tophyr, May 15, 2009.

1. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Well, actually, 578 to be exact, but it's probably +/- 20 anyway. 500 of 'em were race laps, within about 5% of the lap record @ Vegas (1:21s @ 1:17).

[​IMG]

Notice how there's tread on the right side.. but none on the left. This tire could still do within 10% of the lap record at Pacific (1:32s @ 1:24) quite comfortably, and if I went faster it'd lose the front predictably but it was extremely easy to bring it back. I could slide the front for what felt like damn near a full second or so before bringing it back.. very relaxed.

The best part? This tire is a SOFT :D Makes me kinda wonder why other tires need to be switched out at 50 or 100 laps :Poke:

Go Bridgestone!:beer:

2. Coke in can

Coke in can Banned

what kind of bike?

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

'08 R6, 127hp - not superbike built or anything but not stock.

4. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

no tire HAS to be switched out after 50-100 laps.........you certainly wont win Expert races on a tire with 500 laps on it though

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I wanna see this tire after Miller since Miller chews tires. :)

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Run that on the West track at miller and it will look like that after 20 laps.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

It'd look like that at jennings....after pit out.

8. speedjunkie

speedjunkie Well-Known Member

looks like a warm up session at willow springs....

9. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

looks like 5 minutes into a stunting session wit my boyz downtown doing 1 chainsaw..........nahhh mean??

errr.......

10. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Looks like that at Rockingham (may she RIP)...after walking back from tech...

11. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Were most of the 500 race laps completed "within about 5% of the lap record"?

12. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

In practice at vegas I'd run about 24's, maybe 25's. The race laps were usually 22's and 21's. I didn't post up the laptimes as a measure of myself (after all, everyone already knows i'm the greatest :crackup:) but more as a measure of the badassery that is Bridgestone.

No, that tire certainly wouldn't have won races, but I coulda flipped it and gone much faster around Pacific again. PR is mostly long left-handers, and the few right-handers that it had I would throw the bike in as hard as I could, literally trying to make it break loose (I was testing at the time) and it'd pull through. Pacific is easily among the worst tracks pavement-wise, (and sections of Vegas ain't so hot, neither) for those looking for wear comparisons.

13. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

eh, Jennings would make it look much worse...

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'd look like that after Robbie Jensen just looked at it. So there!

15. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

lol yeah Jensen would just have to say the word 'tire' and the thing might just burst into flames.

16. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

thats funny. but true

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Those fronts are about indestructable, and they stil work.

I did see a 4 hour front from RRR that was working, but didn't look very pretty.

18. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

You don't have problems with the front going off after 35 laps? I really like the fronts until they go, they feel alot like a Pirelli.

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

The type 4's heat cycle out faster than the type 3 or 2's. The 2/3 front's also seem to give more feedback.

20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Nope. They are very sensitive to pressure though, if I'm off by a pound (high or low), the bike won't do a damn thing I want it to.

I've heard that about the heat cycles but that front had nine cycles (1 cycle = 1 full day, using warmers) on it and didn't start going away until the 9th, when the tread was basically gone. I'll have to try what you mention about feedback with a type 3.