1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone - is it worth it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jugglenutz, May 14, 2009.

1. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

I've got a little piece of junk phone with alltel right now. Love alltel...hate at&t. The iPhone looks like its a crazy piece of machinery. I was reading golf magazine, and the number of applications they have just for golf looks crazy. One app used the iPhone's sensors to actually give you an idea of the break of a green?!

My question is, is the iPhone worth the cost, and how much is the average monthly fee for like 600 minutes and internet? Is putting up with AT&T worth it?

And for the biches (Scotty:D) who doubted my tiger-like driving skills(please tell me you sense the sarcasm), I'll be headin down to Greenville, SC for the REMAX long drive tournament (local qualifier) in July. If any local yokles wanna hang out or attend, pm me up.

Also, the advice on here is good. I listened during my last thread about golf, and went and got fitted (and ironically found out I was standard graphite/ +1/2" in steel). I've ordered a set of callaway big bertha graphite irons. It was a tough choice between those and the taylor made R7s. Hit the R7s about 5-10 yards further on average, but the callaways were much more forgiving and consistent. For those considering clubs, I ordered mine through www.rockbottomgolf.com - as far as prices go, I haven't seen anyone else touch their prices. I got my irons, ball retriever, 3 dozen balls, zero friction tees (which I love), towel, and some other stuff from them for over $150 less than dicks had my iron's on sale for (599 marked down from 899) - including shipping! All together it only totaled $444! Can't wait to get them!:beer:

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Yes. Nothing else needs to be said. (Remember who I work for and its not Apple)

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I love my iphone. I have unlimited internet/texts and 2500 minutes (or something like that) for me and my wife. It cost a little more, but it's great

4. The iphone is great. There are apps for almost everything. All we need is a BBS app and it would be perfect.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yes. It's eliminated a bunch of crap that I used to carry when I travel on buisness. Battery life is shit though. Camera is also elephant dung but I have a nikon to take photos.

6. Sevenfiddy

Sevenfiddy Well-Known Member

I heart my iphone.

I thought the novelty of the touch screen would wear off, but it's still so cool to me. It's so intuitive and knocks any other touch screen phone out of the water. The camera is not that great, but it's decent. There is now an app for a video recorder for the iphone.

I've personally found the battery life to be very good, and I use it pretty heavily, including web surfing. Using the GPS will definitely eat up the battery life in no time though.

7. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

best phone i have, i keep up with facebook on it sometimes check on the wera board with it, but use it mainly for business emails and texts

get one

8. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

What do you pay?

9. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

I love my iphone too. Battery life not so great, but acceptable. Camera not that great, but also acceptable. Not a big fan of AT&T though.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dave - google external backup batteries for the iPhone. I think I'm going to pick one up for trips. They have some that are also cases which is a much better setup than the plug in the bottom style.

11. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

The iphone is basically a mini computer that happens to be a good phone. With that in mind, the uses are endless, especially the newer ones with GPS. The interface alone will make you laugh at the next cell phone you pick up, its that good.

My 1st. gen iPhone gets better batter life than my wife's 2 year old RAZR. Then again, she's still on the original battery. 3G will put a hurtin on the battery, but you can turn it off.

Just wish it wasn't so damn trendy.

12. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I have a little $25 battery adapter form Geffen that allows you to use a 9V battery to get a quick/complete charge. Great for traveling, cause you can get pick up a 9V battery anywhere.

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I have a Blackberry Bold. That thing is crazy sick. Wish I had an iphone.

14. Brutus

Brutus Well-Known Member

Yes, especially with the Google maps application. I pay about $100 a month.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sean, I keep meaning to grab one or two of those things but I always forget and then I'm stuck in some airport with a dead battery and a talkative old lady from buttscrew Iowa wanting to talk. Thank god for clubrooms to escape to.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The airport wireless stores have a nice but but their "we have you locked in here" price is $100.

There are some nice ones on the apple site for around 80.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

900 minutes is $59.99/month, plus you rollover unused minutes. Data is unlimited, $30/month. As an example.

18. ZXNick

ZXNick Well-Known Member

I love my iphone....it's definitely the coolest gadget I have ever owned. It blows any other smart phone I have ever had away in term of business productivity, I rarely carry my laptop on short work trips anymore. I think I pay about $150 a month for unlimited everything.

As far as battery life goes, as long as I have this bad boy with me, I am never without juice. Has come in handy in airports or other times when I'm stuck with no power source, need to get something done, and have low battery.

http://richardsolo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=326

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I just wish that apple would put an ounce of C4 in the iPhone that you could detonate remotely when dome Russian scumbag lot attendent scoffs up your iPhone.

BOOM!!! Dead dirt bag!

20. Sevenfiddy

Sevenfiddy Well-Known Member

Has anyone installed the video recorder app? If so, what's your opinion? Thinking about installing it, but it seems kind of complicated for a computer-illiterate guy like me.

www.iphonevideorecorder.com