1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Point surface

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by SevenT6Vet, Feb 20, 2009.

1. SevenT6Vet

SevenT6Vet Active Member

Not trying to stir any pots, but I'd love to know how the surface held up over the winter. I'm looking to do a fair amount of track days this year, starting in April, and need to know if I should sign up for main or shenandoah/jefferson.

Thanks!

Justin 07 600RR
    TPM "red"
    NESBA "I" 76

2. icebergmikey

icebergmikey Well-Known Member

3. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

trackday

dont know but you dont have a choice about which tracks at summit with tpm they only go to shenandoah heard it was sketchy

4. JimmyOOOOO

JimmyOOOOO pin it.

TPM has a Main date scheduled... sometime in June I think.

5. SevenT6Vet

SevenT6Vet Active Member

roger lyle april 1st

6. icebergmikey

icebergmikey Well-Known Member

I do what i want at Roger Lyle days! LOL

7. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

so do i

8. Millwoodva

Millwoodva Well-Known Member

There's only ONE Summit Point....! :rock:
    But then... that's coming from a thirty year vet...

9. wsuduc

wsuduc Well-Known Member

Here are some arial shots very recently, nothing new. From NESBA forum

I was there last year right after they paved it, no ripples, no patches, just smooth asphalt. What a kick in the nuts that was for 2 days! It was amazing. Since then, it has deteriorated, but still fun.

10. SevenT6Vet

SevenT6Vet Active Member

haha!

do you live in that small town i go through on the way to the track? that area is BEAUTIFUL!

11. Millwoodva

Millwoodva Well-Known Member

Yes...
    My property is across the creek from the Mill....

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Would you two care to expand on that a little more?

13. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

That's kinda self explanatory
    :crackup: Let me help you. THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT........... AT ROGER LYLE'S TRACK DAYS!!!!!!!!!

I know plenty of people that go there and run in any group they want, back to back sessions, go out and have full on races between themselves, no regard for the control riders and just run a muck, no control, no proper supervision. That's just what i heard though. I'm sure there are a few control riders here that would comfirm this, unless they are totally clueless lol!

14. redneckrider

redneckrider Well-Known Member

That is pretty much what i noticed at the one and only Roger Lyle day that i have done. Had riders from every group riding around you. Seemed like at least 50 people a session on Summit Main.

not to mention unorganized. I wasnt happy with the day at all.

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Not in 2009 my friend. Big changes heading their way. A few very public examples will be made early on.

Consider this the only warning...

16. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

i am actually happy about that, i know i said i do what what i want, but i always talk to a cr first before asking roger to go to a diff group

17. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Talking to a CR and then asking Roger is not "doing what you want". It's being respectful and following the rules laid out to keep everyone safe.

Thank you for being honest about this. Just remember, if Roger ok's it, then you're fine :up:

18. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

+1. Period.:D

19. rickrossi

rickrossi Get N the Groove!

Im happy theres gonna be "changes" for '09! Last year I got tangled up with a rider that was not suppose to be in the racers group, needless to say, it was not a good day after that:mad:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  20. ericlws66

ericlws66 Active Member

so Justin, i think i have tony and everyone else convinced to do the 11th or 12 at Shenandoah now, and not patriot the following weekend.