1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbike tail for SV650??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gerryb, Jan 26, 2009.

1. gerryb

gerryb Well-Known Member

I know that one of the SUzuki 600/750 SBtails fit an 03 sv650, but which one is it??...I prefer the SB tail to the tail for the stock seat.

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

3. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

fwiw, it sits higher than the stock seat. i had one of the original sb tails from hotbodies, and it fit the 03 with the steel subframe perfectly, but it wont work as well on the 04 and up when they lowered the seat. i was constantly trying to build brackets for it to work right. i finally went back to the stock seat after i went through about 4000 zip ties.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

6. .RJ

.RJ Well-Known Member

Any luck for a 1st gen SV?

I have 04-05 gsxr 600/750 bodywork on my bike, including a superbike tail and I've been fighting with it to get it mounted correctly forever. The best solution I've come up with is a bracket like this:

[​IMG]

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

.RJ where did you get that foam?

8. .RJ

.RJ Well-Known Member

9. .RJ

.RJ Well-Known Member

Bump

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I've gotten foam like that from a shop that sell upholstery fabric and foam. 3ft wide X 4 foot long 1/4 in sheet cost me 10 bucks, I still have half of it and I've put seats on at least four bikes.

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

REI is 1 mile from my house so its closer for me to go there. :)

Thanks guys....time to fiddle with my stock SV seat.

12. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

I was surprised to find I could put both feet down with my `03 SV with the stock seat.( I have not put an aftermarket shock yet, or messed with ride height yet) I'm only 5'7", with a 30" inseam, so that was nice. I used the superbike seat on my `06 Gsxr750 because it lowered the seat height.
    On my TZ250, I was one footed on the grid! Has anyone fitted an `06-`07 GSXR seat to an SV with any success? It seems that would look pretty sweet!

13. .RJ

.RJ Well-Known Member

Bump?

14. .RJ

.RJ Well-Known Member

Bueller?

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I have an 06 GSX-R600 SbkTail on the one I ride...it is badass...:)

16. .RJ

.RJ Well-Known Member

Did you build a support under the seat pan? How is the tail mounted to the subframe? Did you have to cut away any part of the subframe to get it to fit?

Do you have any pictures?

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yes, I made a bracket, and I cut up a pc of alum tube to mount it to the subframe in the rear...two bolts is all that holds it..rock solid.... I will take some pics.

PM me your email

18. .RJ

.RJ Well-Known Member

19. Zephyr

Zephyr Tank Killer

I have a TL1000R sharkskinz SB tail on my '99 SV650.... Its old and doesn't stay on very good but if you get a new one it should work.

[​IMG]

20. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Lookin' forward to seein' that there photo Britt. What year is yours?