1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone BT003 wear problems???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by OldnReallySlow, Nov 25, 2008.

1. OldnReallySlow

OldnReallySlow Well-Known Member

I've been hearing from a racing buddy that the new Stone BT003s are having a severe delamination problem when pushed hard. Has anyone else had or heard of such problems with them??? I have a Stones sponsor and don't want to suddenly lose a tire cause they aren't holding up under race pace.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I've seen them raced on in the northeast and then ridden for several trackday weekends afterwards with no problem whatsoever.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ Yup. I've ran every tire there is and like B-stones and Dunlops.

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I haven't seen any problems like that. I've sold a couple to some fast guys. just 1 or 2 thousand of them.

5. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

well, my bt58's came apart after my last tally t/d last year :)

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

:crackup:

Were the date codes worn off?

7. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

i have run the stones till the dots were slicks. it wasn't abnormal wear just alot of laps. with only minor loos in time.

8. stickboy274

They used carbon dating for those.

9. boomboom929

boomboom929 Largely unsupervised

Cut them in half and count the rings?

10. stickboy274

That would be the best thing to do with them

11. chillydogg

chillydogg Active Member

I ran the 002 and 003 all season without any issues. On my last set of 003 I ran 3 races and 2 trackdays and they still look good considering the amount of laps put on them. Slow guys get the best mileage :)

12. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

I had one at the GNF during practice (Ithink) that got cut on the side down to the cord not sure how or when but it was all the way to the cord and it didn't come apart any further than where you could see it was cut. Didn't even notice until I went to put my tire warmer on.

13. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I personally never had a problem like the one you mention with the 003's. However, the 003's don't seem to last as long as the 002's IMO.

14. stickboy274

The 002 rears did live longer than the 003's, but the 003's have more grip. It's all a give and take. The 003 type 4 rear is useable where the 002 was only good for very limited events.

15. Yama-saurus

they were in the same pile my d364's were in...:p

16. Yama-saurus

stick,
    we have "people" testing 003 on some eye-talian bikes (not the red ones) and so far the 003 rear seems to last equally if not a tad longer than 002 on those twins. any clue on that one?:confused:

17. stickboy274

Good set up? Smooth riders?

Over all the wear hasn't been like the 002's, but with the right pressures they still outlast other race tires while still working in race conditions.

Now, about my 125........

18. Yama-saurus

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  19. stickboy274

Well since you offered it up, it would be rude of me not to take it out of your way.

I have to admit that I don't think it was right of you to wreck my x-mas present before I even see it.

20. Yama-saurus

we have 2 more left for stocking stuffers. look at the pics, you can see it there. that one will prolly end up the sxv450 engine donor test unit...:Poke: