1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answering My Own Question on Palin

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by morbidelli17, Sep 10, 2008.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You know, I can't really tell the difference. Was curious if you guys see it the same way.

2. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

I don't know why ,but a friend of mine who was a teacher told me that she had to purchase things that she considered standard for her class. The point is though that there is a huge disparity in quality.

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Sounds like the politicians and School Board aren't doing their job. Hard to say though. :(

Some disparity happens everywhere because of the tax base but it's shouldn't be so huge that a school can't provide the basics.

4. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

Well it is SD and we did just hear this morning that the results of the first audit looking into allegations of mismanagement and fraud concerning the SEDC were found to have merit. SD has long been mismanaged and is generally considered to have a City Coucil that flawed at best and completely corrupt at worst.

5. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

I remember Newark and all the money that town had, wasn't very for from where I went to school in Sulphur Rock, now that was a very small school. 300 students from K-12, a whole 3 school buses, and the town mayor drove one of them.:D

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Damn, Sulphur Rock... that's almost as out there as my home town of Traskwood. :D

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Maybe that will do some good.

8. edge23

edge23 Well-Known Member

Sorry about that I forgot the part where both he and agree as well as yourself that unions have outlived their uses. Or at least made their use outlived.
    They are not for the workers any more only their own survival.

9. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

Started out in Cave City, so I actually downsized a lot when we moved to Sulphur Rock. I'll admit though that I never heard of Traskwood. Did you have to go 3-4 counties over too, just to get to a 'wet' county?

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Just one county. Could go to Pulaski or Hot Spring Counties for alcohol.

It's usually just the shouthern guys that know what the phrase, "We're headed to the line" means. :D

11. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Maureen Dowd provides a handy checklist of questions for Palin's first interview with ABC's Charles Gibson :D

Do all members of her church “talk in tongues,” only some of them or is that just fiction? Is there anything on YouTube?

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I can agree with that. The only problem facing any incoming President is having the balls to "just say no." When all these pork laden, and social program bills come before the President if he/she would simply veto the hell out of them and make it clear that there will be no more bills signed that are out of the domain of the Constitution, then things will start to turn around. Until the next election that is because A veto happy President will never serve more than one term.

Our country has been on the Government teat for so long that it would scare the hell out of a lot of us to have to fend for ourselves.

"Please Government, take care of us for we are nothing but poor, innocent sheepies."

13. YZFBeliever

YZFBeliever Well-Known Member

I guess the kind that cut per-diem and travel expenses by 44% over her predecessor

Actually earmarks in and of themselves are not necessarily bad. Earmarks to build a new hospital wing or build a school or improve infrastructure would be good. Pork barrel earmarks are the ones that should be killed. I have to be honest, I don't know all the ins and outs about the BTK but in the end it was killed and the money used for infrastructure projects the people of AK asked for.

The kind that leaves a surplus and gives money back to the citizens

Maybe she will, but when it's time to press the button, I am sure she won't be looking for the one that says "present"

I don't know, does she? Or is that just a rumor

Can't speak to that, I have no timeline.

Yes because troopers who tazer their son and get drunk while on duty are just what we want.

I don't know, does she. And did she actually want to ban books or was she asking what the policy on banning books was so that she could have a better understanding of how her library works.

Fanny & Freddy will cost you and I between $200 & $500 BILLION

You better hope it's just the latter.

The shit in her cherios. Or maybe it's that Al Gore doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I suspect that you're right. The history of the US almost dictates that a President should be a white, christian male. In spite of the fact that this country is made up of immigrants, and minorities, black people, Hispanics, and women just haven't had much of a place in leadership positions.

I also suspect that you're more correct on Palin's popularity than the blog. She is, in fact, the "girl next door" and is a breath of fresh air in Washington circles. She isn't a hardened politician looking to make sure she has a permanent place in Washington however, She might end up doing exactly that if she, and McCain, get themselves elected, and she turns out to be a really good VP. I would like to see Palin and Hillary get into an election against each other. I think Palin might surprise you because she isn't the hardened, cutthroat politician Hillary is. People are turned off by Hillary's reputation to a large degree.

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Maybe they should come up with something other than stupid questions.

And Satan didn't walk the earth. He is an angel.

Actually most Christian churches do NOT talk in tongues.

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Possibly because us "seniors" have been around long enough to know what the Government promises, and what they actually deliver. Obama said that he "promises" to eliminate taxes on seniors below 50K. That doesn't mean anything. Congress has to make it happen, and I'll guarantee that after all the "deals" are made in Congress it won't be what Obama promises. All he'll do is smile, and say, "well, I tried."

I'll agree with you about how the people of this country appear to not understand how Government works. (Notice I used the word "appear.) Most of them understand, but they need a scapegoat to blame for things not going how they want them to. The party not in power blame the President, and the party in power blame the other party. That's the way it's always been and it isn't going to change. Learn to live with it.:up:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  17. morbidelli17

morbidelli17 Well-Known Member

I would venture that overt sexism is far more acceptable, socially, than overt racism. Moreover (and I'm speculating here) I think that individually, we're far more conscious of our racist thoughts than our sexist thoughts.

18. morbidelli17

This is precisely what I was talking about. If Hillary were male, her hardened, cutthroat attitude would be a benefit, not a liability.

19. morbidelli17

So stealing from the public is OK if you've cut enough elsewhere to offset it?

:crackup:

20. YZFBeliever

YZFBeliever Well-Known Member

You don't have any clue what you are talking about. Her Per-diem's are approved, they are not stealing.