1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why McCain now?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Aug 4, 2008.

1. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

People have bad memories.

Seriously, the media would have said the same thing over some of the "speak softly and carry a big stick" policies of the early 1900s, and now Roosevelt is on Mount Rushmore. We won't know the true effectiveness or ineffectiveness of his term as president until long after he is out of office.

2. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

I like McCain, and I even thought this was funny! :crackup:

Sure wish my Daddy was a BIG OIL TYCOON like Dubya....

"Son, I bought you a house in Washington..."

3. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

uh, wake up and smell the coffee timmy. we are living the cosequences of his two terms right now!

4. SLLaffoon

His administration didn't make the general public live above their ability. As for the Iraq mess, once again we truly won't know it's long term effect until well after he is gone. His actions aren't without precedent. The general public is just too bad at history to know that.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I did vote for McCain in the primaries in 2000.

I will vote for him in Nov.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I kind of liked Paul but if I really had a choice it would have been Fred Thompson with Colin Powell as VP.

7. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

your right, but their policies did. I think it's generally accepted that the rule of the republican party or lack of rule if you will has led to the demise of the dollar, and the plundering of the american dream, and record government spending. all of these factors combined have led us to the current economic crisis. and if we're so bad at history please feel free to refresh our memories with the last time that our leaders fabricated a reason to invade another country in a misguided attempt to plunder that country's natural resources.

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yep, that would certainly work. :up:

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:stupid:

10. SLLaffoon

Panama Canal

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I hear a lot of bitching about the economy, but a little historical perspective tells you we aren't anywhere we haven't been in the recent past.
    We'll bounce back.
    It's national security that is the only issue, and JM is the only guy you can entrust it to. Barack has no credentials at all in this area (or any area really).
    Barack wants us to be citizens of the world. That's not the role of the leader of our country. The President needs to put us first, period.
    I disagree with McCain on several important issues, but he's the only logical choice.

12. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

What natural resources are we plundering in Iraq? Last I checked we're not stealing oil and pumping it back to the US. If we were I think gas would be a lot cheaper.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The current deficit, pointless war, job losses, recession, housing bust, fuel cost, (just wait until this winter's heating costs) are all because of the General Public. Seriously is GW Bush responsible for ANYTHING? Repubes spent the first term blaming the prior administration for all the wrongs of the world but this current guy pisses champagne and craps gold apparently. :Puke: One thing is for sure, nobody since Nixon or Kennedy has had a propaganda machine as effective as this guy.

14. Blood Shot

Blood Shot Banned

Read the oil contracts, western oil companies will take 75% of the profits.

15. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

What contracts? The only contracts that have been signed are for consultancy for 1 year. They are still accepting bids for oil production. They also are not all US companies either. Wintershall and Royal Dutch Shell are big players as well as Russian companies.

16. 999

999 Well-Known Member

I believe the operative word in the quote is attempt.

R.I.F. :D

17. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Ok Mr. Reading Is Fundamental, why don't you READ me a story on where it says we invaded Iraq in an attempt to steal their oil.

18. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that the governor of MA, Deval Patrick, is a Democrat. I'm also pretty sure that you will blame your confusion on your difficulties with the English language.

19. 999

999 Well-Known Member

You really don't believe we've sacrificed $700 Billion and 4000 American lives just to swap governments in Iraq do you?

If you really do believe that, I've got a unicorn I'd like to sell you.

It's always been about the oil. Maybe not to "steal" it, but definitely to secure it.

20. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Burn. :crackup: