1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv juggles SPEED

Discussion in 'General' started by grady anderson, Jul 29, 2008.

1. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

I couldn't figure out why my TIVO caught MGP last weekend and not the other races. I checked to see if it was planning on recording the second runs and it was scheduled to so I chaulked it off to a fluke. I just got back from Mid Ohio and went to sit down and enjoy a pile of races but NO......not recorded.
    So today I checked to see if it was recording New Berlin and I got a screen on SPEED channel saying "channel not purchased". Huh?
    A call to Directv got me transferred to a tech person who informed me that my Basic package plus Sports package no longer included SPEED and that I needed to upgrade to their CHOICE package which came with SPEED. I asked why I received no notice of their greedy little scheme so that I could keep from missing a weekend of racing and she said they could change their programmining packages any time they want without notifying anybody. Which they did.
    I told her that a happy customer tells ten people and an unhappy one tells a hundred. And that I was a VERY unhappy customer and knew how to tell a lot more than that.
    Be interesting to watch the count of how many I am telling just on this forum.
    And yes, their Choice package costs more than my old combo.

2. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

fuck i will be pissed off if its gone. That wil make me want to get verizon fios

3. grady anderson

That is the response that I am looking for. Thanks!
    Oh yeah..... if you can, you should.

4. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Seems to be coming in fine on my tv.

5. divein6

do u know if u have the hd package if that would allow u to get speed?

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

No you do not need the HD package.

7. divein6

ohh no what I ment is if you have the hd package does that constitute being a "premium" subscriber and allow me to get speed?

8. healthhut

healthhut Expert #18

I am with dish network but have had directv before. they made me mad when they pulled my local tv channels and refused to give them back.. I let that slide and a few months later called to upgrade to a dvr and they wanted me to pay 299 or some unreal number..

9. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

wow. I have to say that I havent had any problems with DirecTV. Except the idiot tech who installed a wire wrong in my basement (below one rail on my drop ceiling)...

10. grady anderson

They just took SPEED off of their Sports package. If you have their Choice package you are OK. I had the very least I could and get SPEED. I don't need movies etc. So I had their Basic Pkg w/Sports package added. I was not OK.
    On the other hand now I get BBCA. My wife will be pleased even if I am not.

11. divein6

i loved the direct tv.. its fantastic. I even got my HD dvr for free from them.. just gotta threten them that you will leave

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

That's how I got mine too. Ask to be transferred to the "Customer Retention Group". They are the only ones with any authority to get things done. Not the rep on the phone, not the supervisor on the floor.

13. grady anderson

Thanks for that my friend. Now my post to bash them turned into a plug for them. Wonderful.....

14. divein6

Sorry.. i will check tonight when i get home if i have speed if i dont then i will bash with you

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never had an issue, I love em too :D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Good thing I turned you down when you offered me that hot potato. Why would you think I would want to write your hate thread for you? So it could bite my ass? :D

17. grady anderson

Turns out it didn't record New Berlin either even though it came on when they switched me and it was playing at the time with the recrd "R" showing. When I called they informed me that to do the switch, which I was then informed was "Plus" not "Choice" they have to shut down current programming.
    Hopefully it is all better now. I'm assuming those of you that had no problem had more than the Basic package with Sports added. Good for you. This was to bring to the attention of some of you who are as cheap as me that you might have to upgrade to still get SPEED. And to bring to light the fact that Directv can change their programming without notifying you that your package has changed.
    Papa....I wasn't trying to hand it off to you....well, OK, maybe I was.
    :D

18. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Any of them can change their packages whenever they want. And routinely do. Dish is the same way. Time Warner, also the same. I think they all suck, but you have to choose one if you want to be able to watch the races.............