The Motorcycle Industry?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

you know i love you sweetie, but you're not using math correctly. ignore the tank sizes....if your vehicle gets twice the gas mileage of what you're replacing, you're gonna cut your fuel bill in half. so that $5000 fuel bill becomes $2500. :D

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I think your calculator is broken.

$17 per week to fill up the bike - $17 x 52 = $884
    $105 per week to fill up truck - $105 x 52 = $5460.00

3. Chip

Chip Registered

[​IMG]

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

It gets better than half. Now maybe he went a week 1/2 on the truck tank...just giving estimates.

I'm just saying I would rather throw money to a bike than throw money at gas. That's all.

5. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

6. Chip

Chip Registered

I do these things for John. He gets frustrated with JRP press releases and I give him ideas via the Beeb.:D

7. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

Hahahaaaaaaaa!!!!

If all else fails there's always the bong & dildo industry!

8. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Or in this case both. Unless that bike runs on water. :D

9. Spyderchick

I knew you were the mastermind behind the genius. :D

10. Strick

Strick Good to be king

He is the master something.

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Like Tattoo and Mr. Roarke?

[​IMG]

12. Spyderchick

Exactly. :D

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i know i shouldnt argue, but you're still wrong. :p

here's the simple math. michael drives truck 25,000 miles per year, truck gets 17mpg, thats 1470 gallons of gas at $4 which is $5880. michael drives m/c 25,000 per year, m/c gets 40mpg, thats 625 gallons of gas at $4 which is $2500. a little less than half.

you gotta compare apples to apples, which you're not doing. you're comparing fill ups, and if he drove the m/c the same mileage, he'd have to fill up more often.

sorry. :D

14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Another good article from RRW - seems like some self-employed mechanics could do well with this trend.

Now is the time for states to push rider education programs and motorist awareness campaigns - hard.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Hehe, you are right. I'm sleep deprived!!! Still saving some money at least. :D

16. skeesm

skeesm Well-Known Member

Yes.

One dealer - a Suzuki only dealer has absolutely nothing except that in the two-wheeled land yacht category left on the floor or due in.

Ironically, the other dealer here who also had the Piaggio/Vespa dealership did a dealer trade, getting rid of every Piaggio and Vespa he had on the floor and warehouse because as he put it Piaggio's dealer support was absolutely the worst and unacceptable for him to continue doing business. He's now carrying Kymco instead. That's too bad because I bought the BV250 and it's one of the all-time best transportation decisions I've ever made. Now, God knows where I'll have to take it for serious service now. Hellow Atlanta (I hope that close anyway). He sold all his KLRs, Ninja 250s and others that I don't remember with no additional inventory due in. Surprisingly, his mega scooters like the Honda's have not sold.

17. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Yeah, and I appreciate it. But I'm not gonna do anything with your latest theory that "short guys on big bikes built by KWS get more chicks."

18. Chip

Chip Registered

Dude it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crackup:

19. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Hey, hey, we're talkin' government here, they're more likely to cut existing programs and throw the money into the General Fund part of the budget...

20. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Probably has nothing to do with the $7000+ price tag.