1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BE CAREFUL riding on the road...Bicycle.

Discussion in 'General' started by tonybrownphoto, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's not, he's talking about the same assholes you were earlier.

2. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

sidewalks are illegal to ride on in most (if not all) states.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Around here it's the norm rather than the exception. It's also the norm up in the mountains to ride more than single file and there isn't enough leeway to give the bicycles much room.

4. Cuddles de Sade

did some cyclist kick sand in your face at the beach when you were a kid? what is your damn deal? seriously...you sound like such an ignorant ass with this...and that's not the way you've seemed with anything else on here.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What do speeders have to do with this discussion?

I'm glad you do all that and I appreciate it. So obviously I'm not talking about you am I? :D

6. Cuddles de Sade

double paceline in some places can be ok, if it's a 2 lane road...gotta cut that crap out...:tut:

7. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I'd like to take this time to express my condolences to the bike.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You missed my earlier post on giving you the respect you deserve on a case by case basis. Go back and read.

I'll go further to say that I hate driving in general so I pretty much just want to get in, get to my destination and get out with as little slowing or stopping as possible. Joggers and Bikes in the road only slow or hold up traffic. Nothing against anyone personally.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  9. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

(cept for the other bicycle thread) :D

10. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

I would like to interrupt this discussion to say: DWI Sucks!!!

It doesn't matter if your on a bike or cycle or in a car or bus, getting hit by a drunk should never happen. Dead is dead and too many people are killed on the roads by drunks.

That is all.

11. Cuddles de Sade

well at least we can agree about hating joggers...personally I have a vendetta against roller-bladers on bike paths, but that's just my inner hater coming out for realz.:D

12. Cuddles de Sade

thanks Capt. Obvious.:moon: :D

13. Venom51

Pretty much. :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

I was a little smaller then. And the bikes were a hell of a lot tougher too.

15. sdg

sdg *

Minor edit and you get my opinion.

16. Venom51

It's not quite that bad yet but people are working everyday to push me in that direction.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The bike paths here are smooth, clean and pretty darn impressive. Yet the lycra pricks will ride in the street next to the path every day.

How bout this, just take that uber cool carbon frame bike to a track somewhere if you must mimic Lance. My own bike cost more than both my first two cars yet I have no problem riding the path provided. Ok, it's an all-mountain from Iron Horse but hey I can't get to the dirt everyday!:D

http://www.wesh.com/news/15830083/detail.html

What really bugs me is the horseback goons that go on bike trails in the woods. Now THAT PISSES STEELTOE OFF!!!! Sorry, different thread.

18. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

I think it's just some prick cyclist pisses people off at some point so they think it's ok to practically run everybody off the road.

I'm even ok with close passes more than most (guess motorcycle racing does that to you) but if there are no other cars coming.......come on.....move over.

kinda sucks when a few ruin the image of everybody though. I guess it's the same as the douche that is on his 1996 Ninja with one front rotor on the rev limiter at the stop light. *shrug*

19. RR_Kid

RR_Kid Formerly YZF600boy

Figured I'd Chime in here since I work for a traffic Engineering Firm....We are currently working on a bike path to connect the Pitts Airport to another bike trail that runs thru the area.

By Design Standards "Bike Paths/Trails" are more critically Designed and Reviewed than standard Road way's In the State of PA.

So the excuse that the Paths are not good enough to ride on can be thrown right out the window round these parts!!!

20. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how the paths are you are designing but the ones that are just more road with a white liine marking it off as a bike path are great! The ones that are over by the sidewalk usually suck because they tend to wind too much to ride at speed.