1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06 GSXR 600 HP question....

Discussion in 'Tech' started by EnvyCycles, May 23, 2008.

1. RocketRider911

RocketRider911 Well-Known Member

you can pull 130 hp out of the 06-07 600 but It takes alot of work and money, but if it was truely a Emgo suzuki bike, they have the money. I know we have one pushing the 130 mark but it is heavily worked, and it doesn't last long before it needs to be rebuilt. the stock gsxr 600 is pushing closer to the 100-105 mark. you really need to use the fuel that the bike was mapped for, all fuels are different and require their own map, if you can't get that fuel you need to take it somewhere and have it remapped.

As far as the fuel pump question, yes they can still run and have low pressure, they have a filter that few people know about that gets clogged and can really screw up your motor. they can also go bad but that's normally from someone leaving race fuel in the tank for an extended period of time.

motor could also be worn out and need to be refreshed. Really sounds like you need a reputable shop like Lee's performance in Charlotte, NC

2. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

The bike is not a EMGO bike but the engine was made by EMGO.
    I have asked several tuners about the pump question and not one person has said they have seen this.
    But we have another 600 and we are planning on swapping the tanks to see if it makes a difference.

3. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

103-108 in stock trim. 122-124 super sport build. 126 bones stock, someone had the cf set to std or uncorrected, and even with that its on 3-4 hp gain. I think someone was Bullshitting Gary.

4. Handicapped Racer

130 hp
    Ported cylinder head. cams ,either hard welds or reground yosh cams.
    3mill piston kit.
    Corillo rods.
    Falicon Super crank
    Ceramic tranny bearings.
    5 gal of Mr-9

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

dunno, i don't care about the "number" as much as i care about the power curve, i know it's stock & should be 106-108 range. don't know how their dyno is set or anything. but my power curve changed after he made a change and it dont have the flat spot in it that was in it.:up:

6. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

I will be calling EMGO tomorrow and find out whats the deal...
    Does anyone know how EMGO tracks their work? Do they file the Eng serial number along with the owners info?

7. Alex G 332

Alex G 332 Well-Known Member

Gsxr HP

Hey , Envy come on over to my garage this weekend and intro yourself.I can tell you first hand that a stock 06 Gsxr has 106.45- 108.45 I spent a lot of time on the dyno last race weekend with all the fuels at the track and C-12 made lets HP than streetblaze, streetblaze has the same HP as 93 octane.
    My son Alex has a yamaha and we dyno that there to and the most that bike did was 108.54 and both motors were stock and had BMC air filters ,aftermarket exhaust. I've done motors for a couple of guys now at the track and you only get those #'s out of a 600ss motor or a sb motor. Come on by center garage #9 .

Al (father of #132)

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

calm down there skippy. i will check the dyno config tomorrow morning for gary's bike run to look at the etup. we rolled g's bike up on the dyno, our tech loaded the bike (ie: gsxr600, r6 whatever) and fired thru some runs. we had some p/c and shifter glitches in there as well and we could have keyed in something incorrect. :beer:

9. Alex G 332

Alex G 332 Well-Known Member

Gsxr HP

Take a look at Handicap racer look like he knows what it take to get a good HP motor.

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

you need a MOTEC Ignition as well there man, maybe 138 then.

11. Handicapped Racer

I'm hoping this 126 is a mistake!

I'd be very curious as to what yo "keyed Incorrectly"

Not bashing you here, but performing a series of 4th gear pulls to 6th and an all gear doesn't seem that hard. If i may ask what s your procedure when making these runs, what are you using as your correction factor.

customer comes in, pays for a run.
    bike gets strapped to dyno, front, left & right.
    rear wheel lined up on drum
    open win pep
    pick year, make, model.
    set rpm
    warm engine up
    attach tach lead
    insert o2 sniffer
    makes notes
    shift to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th,
    roll on throttle, @ 3,000 rpms hit sample
    hit red line, hit sample again.
    keep doing that until my last run make less hp than the previous
    drop down to 2nd for one pull, then perform an all gear.
    final run is a 6th gear pull.

Would you mind posting this 126 hp dyno run?

12. Handicapped Racer

disregard my last, i just checked out your website, i have no knowledge of a dynomite dyno! I would like to see the run posted though.

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

T i dont think i have it anymore. Let me look in my truck and see if its there. I fax it since i dont have a way to scan and post it

14. Handicapped Racer

Oh i wasn't talking about you gray, I was hoping yama-saurus, could post it since"if i read this correctly" their shop did the dyno work.

15. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

What are these mods good for on HP numbers?
    Thin head gasket=
    Decked head=
    Valve job=
    Deree'd cams=
    KN air filter=

I know it depends whos doing it, but approx?

16. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

I used a Dynamite Dyno for a year and you can manipulate the output number just like you could with the old software when the DJ100/150's were around.

17. Handicapped Racer

Thanks, for the info. I couldnt wrap my head around the, "may have keyed in the wrong info"

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

this is just a standard supersport build.. nothing fancy, and as others have said no way-no how would you get a true 126hp from this no matter what fuel you used. In fact doing a "valve job" on some newer bikes with TI stock valves can loose HP not gain it. Some shops will clean up the head valve seats with a CNC machine to try and increase compression (valve seats better) .

19. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Anyone know who I can talk to in Alabama at the EMGO shop?

20. Handicapped Racer

Keith Perry