1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why no 24 hour?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by gpstar748, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

The lights go on the bike. Unless the whole track is lit like Daytona it’s better if the track is dark because going from dark to light and back again is harder.

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

There aren't lights at Barber, and not sure the neighbors would allow it.
    each pit would probably have its own light would be good for safety and pit stops

3. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

:up:

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm sure Barber would be expensive,but I'd entertain that idea.
    Still would have to find some kind of corporate sponsor.
    Even on a LW bike, you're looking at 8 rears and 4 fronts.
    125 gallons of fuel.

5. Ed Sorbo

In 1990 at Willow we did seven hours one one rear tire riding a stock 600. We took 3rd overall, 2005 miles, so we weren't going slow. Willow is harder on tires than Barber so I plan to change rears at 6 hours and fronts at 8. Pump gas, of course.

6. jimmyv138

jimmyv138 Well-Known Member

I hope you plan on running bridgestones. :)

7. Ed Sorbo

Unless they make me change tires in sets again for testing reasons so that we had to change fronts that were still like new. Sometimes its tough when you get free tires. But yes, I'll be on Bridgestones even when I have to pay for them.

Did I ever tell you about the time someone asked me how much my tires cost and I could only say "I don't know"?

8. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

I swear the shock didn't blow up from my fat ass! :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't run past 5 at Barber. That's why we always did it at Nelson and Willow, they're two of the very few tracks where we don't have a shut down time.

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

What about Daytona LMAO :crackup:

11. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

I have run 23 of them. I would love to have one more. 24, 24 hr. races just sounds so good.

12. Ed Sorbo

23, thats a lot, what years? How many tires?

I'm checking on Miller, I think they would let us run all night. Can Barber get away with it once a year?

Can someone set up a list or something so we can get a real count? Make it so you have to use your real name so know one can BS us.

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

:wow: Chuck Norris bows at your feet. :bow:

14. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Miller is one I'll be talking to when we're out there for the race in June.

16. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I was joking. I guess I better start using bucket loads of smilies again.

I would gladly do a 24 provide it is south of the Mason-Dixon.:D :D :D

17. Ed Sorbo

Miller said they could do a 24 hour. The problem's with Miller will be easy over heating because of the high alititude, tire wear because of all the fast left turns and a limited weather window to hold the race because of hot days or cold nights.

I really like Barber because of the moderate weather and even tire wear. I bet they could do one a year if they wanted to.

The date needs to be at least one year from the time of the announcement.

18. Phil Young

Phil Young Well-Known Member

But the BRAKES sure took a beating!:Poke:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We haven't any overheating issues at Miller in 90+ degree temps so that's not too big a deal. The differences in day to night temp aren't any worse than Willow either.

20. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

id put together a team for a 24 hr race