clusterf@ck to the whitehouse

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by x1384, Mar 17, 2008.

1. x1384

x1384 Banned

gots us a little problem with the demwit vote in Florida again. dont matter if you are dimwit or re-pubelican, your vote is gauranteed to count by the Voting Rights Act of 1965, perhaps any lawyer could enlighten us all on this?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not an attorney and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express within the last year. However, I think in this case, the law would view primaries as an intramural scuffle. It is not a board of elections issue, it is a party issue.

I sit to be corrected.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Did the Florida/Michigan Republican primary not count or was it just the Democrats?

4. x1384

x1384 Banned

it was only the demwits primary that didnt count. what i am saying is this is a vote for the presidential candidte of a specific party. if the results are not allowed, is this not a denial of a persons right to vote and have that vote count?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I do not think it applies to primaries in this case. The votes were tallied, but because the state Democrat Party violated the national party rules, the delegates will not be seated. I can't say that the law anticipated this particular situation.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Floriduh does seem to have problems with elections.

7. x1384

x1384 Banned

the 15th, 19th and 26th amendments to the Constitution of the United States of America gaurantee the right to vote and have that vote count. I think therefore the US government should uphold that right

8. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

The people of Michigan and Florida will get their right to vote come November. Unfortunately for the Dems, they don't get their chance at inter-party elections. I guess they shouldn't have tried to skip in line.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Primaries are not the same as general elections. Prior to the early 20th century, there were no primary elections, the party selected the candidate. The problem here is not with US election law, it is within the party. The voters of Florida need to express their concerns to the party leaders. The rules for the primary are not set up at the congressional level. In fact, theteo party system is not established in the constitution. For better or worse, it has evolved.

10. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

LOL!

Talk to the Democrats. They are the "progressive" ones, right?

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It's kind of like your local Boy Scout Troop voting on whether or not to go on an outdoor excursion. If some of them didn't get their votes counted because they showed up and voted the day before the scheduled meeting then it's a problem within the Troop, not a national issue.
    What happens within the party of the Democrats isn't a national election problem. Just a fight within the party of the Democrats.

12. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Show me in the Constitution where it says "right to vote in a state primary."

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

It's there right next to Bush lied and the voters were disenfranchised. Have to look at the footnotes.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I guess there should be an issue with the various caucus votes too. I don't think everyone's vote is heard there either.

15. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Can't we just blame Cheney? :D

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'd rather pin it on Scooter Libby.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So what is *your* drink's flavor today?

:D

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cranapple.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A grown man that still goes by "Scooter" deserves whatever we can pin on him.

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Indeed, I hear that a mean 'Cranapple & Whiskey' makes Cheney's knees buckle.

:beer:
    ...^^ cranapple&whiskey :D