The Religion thread (In government, in school, in general)

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Feb 15, 2008.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

God created everything, not just man....the Bible does not state how. I can reconcile the two.

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

What? That's a ridiculous statement, who created god? Or did he just oneday decide to create man and the world?

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

We've already discussed this. God's parents created him and his brothers. Him and Jethro were playing and needed someone to play with. There were some sisters apparently since we keep finding useless pretty stars scattered everywhere. :up:

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That is my belief, one that you obviously do not share.

You choose to belive that there was a huge explosion out of nothing, the universe was born, and man evolved from a chemical ooze.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Who created the nothing that caused the explosion is a good question. :D

7. Tracee Polcin

Yep, science has proved that.;)

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As Dave pointed out, that is the unanswerable question for either.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It has? Please cite.

10. Tracee Polcin

Not who, but what, is more accurate.

11. Tracee Polcin

Man, don't you watch the Discovery channel?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sometimes, but I have yet to see anything anywhere offered up as an absolute proof of the origins of the universe or life as we know it.

13. Tracee Polcin

You didn't see that show?:D

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I tried to Tivo, but God smote my machine.

15. Strick

Strick Good to be king

So based on that you fall back to the logical conclusion that a supreme being created it, without any absolute proof?

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Who said it was logical?

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep...absent absolute proof, how does one accept that there is no creator?

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So, as long as you believe that the bible/koran/talmud/Cat-in-the-hat is the literal word of your chosen god, you must renounce evolution? OK, I can understand that.

So, how about those who believe in God/god/buddah/Mike and beleive that all the creation myths in all the cultures are just that, "myths"? Stories invented by men to explain the unexplainable?

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I'll

type

slowly

so

you

might

understand.

Facts

require

proof.

Beliefs/faith

are,

by

their

nature,

without

proof.

20. robdleejr

robdleejr Member

I hate these arguements but I must state that science doesn't "prove" anything. In mathematics, you can prove a statement. In science, one must be able to test the hypothesis on all possibilites to constitue a proof. This is impossible. That is why science is so powerful. A theory is an explaination that generally is predictive for a large set of phenomenon. e.g. Newton's Laws of motion work in the realm of slow moving, everyday size object but is down right wrong in the scale of the very small or very fast moving, etc.
    My belief is that religion is a constant search, never ending. If you think that you have found the answer, I think that it no longer has deep spiritual meaning. The infinite is too much for our small brains to say "it must be this way" or "jebus says so so it must be true." OMG I must stay away from this thread....