1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Main repave day 1

Discussion in 'General' started by Bret_P, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Bret_P

Bret_P Well-Known Member

Took some pics of the work done so far. No milling of the entire track, just selected spots. Looks like 2" or so of fresh asphalt over the existing surface including the concrete patches.

T1

[​IMG]

T3

[​IMG]

the chute

[​IMG]

T5 ground level

[​IMG]

T6

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  2. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

wow!

is there a reason they would pave it now? right before winter?

i wonder if they will put a nice wide tar strip at the seam in the middle?

so what will the record be next season, 1:09?

i hate to see the old pavement go, gave the place character. i hope it doesn't end up like mid ohio. super smooth and tearing tires.

now i have to check out the track day clubs abd see who is have and event before the end of the year

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Character is overrated, give me super smooth any day!

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Hot damn....it's a good start!

5. dlafz1

dlafz1 Well-Known Member

TPM is there next monday. Damn I wish I could sneak down.

6. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Someone said there's already a car club schedualed on it Friday. I'll be quite surprised if that asphalt sticks to the concrete for long.

7. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Let's hope it rains like a mofo.:D

8. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

I hope they dont put white lines down the center of the track. If they are laying the asphalt right down on the old shit wont that fuck the curbs up? I dont claim to know a thing about paving at all.

9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Seeing fresh asphalt being put over the concrete strips is like seeing a dear old friend being buried alive.:(
    Then again, maybe they'll pour some new concrete strips?!?!?:up:

10. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Man, I thought this was just another rumor! I would have no clue if this is good or not, especially if nesba is there in 2 or 3 weeks. Anyone have a clue if there will be enough rubber laid down on the track from others for grip?

11. joec

joec brace yourself

nah, theyre just going to cover the concrete. what you see in the pictures, thats all theyre doing. dont mine the big lip. thats the character you wanted. pretty cool. i liked the white lines. "slower traffic, please stay right!" itll be weird to have it smooth, i have a feeling the asphalt wont stay smooth long though.

jc

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Halleluiah!

13. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

If they've got a car event planned for Friday, the asphalt is going to have 48 hours to set-up....I hate to say it, but they are going to destroy the smoothness. This time of year, the pavement needs at least a solid week of high 70 temps to really set-up and cure. I think the track mgmt. just wasted a ton of money.

14. salvagerider

salvagerider Well-Known Member

Now they need to fix the wall issues before someone gets killed. Turn four :down:

15. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Get rid of the wall then people will just run into other people at the exit of five. Leave the wall, use more airbags. Or slow down and take up basket weaving.

16. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

enough with the constant whining about T4. yes there's a wall...it was moved as far back as it can go a few years ago. we are all big boys and girls...no one is forcing anyone to race anywhere. if you don't like it, don't run there...there problem solved.

17. Chango Malo

Chango Malo Well-Known Member

Somehow I feel like I have been transported back to the bad old days when the answer to every safety problem was, GO HOME IF YOU DONUT LIKE IT!

And, the Miller dudes spend MEEELLLLIONS to synch up the paving across the entire width of the track and these bozos just lay down one lane at a time like eeets the freaking interstate through Hoboken or something.

Brilliant!

18. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Milller's great. You're on a roll tonight. Entertain us peons with some racing stories.

19. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

For the record, and to assuage all disparaging remarks about my home state, there is no interstate running through Hoboken. Closest thing is the NJ Turnpike, and that's concrete. Jimmy Hoffa is under that concrete, BTW.

20. nads755

nads755 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what type of asphalt they use for racing surfaces or how it differes from the stuff they use on interstates and public roads?