1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 Rearset question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by (diet)DrThunder, Oct 6, 2007.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I need to find some rearsets for an 05 R6 that are lower than Woodcraft ones. I know that there are a few models that are adjustable, but what I don't know is how low the lowest setting is. For all I know, the Woodcrafts might be the lowest, and they go up from there.

I rode the bike at nashville today, and my knees were killing me. I took a spin on Rob Turner's ZX636 and it _way_ better. He's got Vortex adjustable jobbers, and the pegs had to be 1.5" lower than mine. But, would the Vortex R6 ones give me the same extra room or no?

What about hte other brands?

(Moto-R, where are your R6 rearsets??!!?? :) )

2. yzfr1rider

yzfr1rider Well-Known Member

Heights

CFM's are 5/8's up and 5/8's back from stock. Vortex has a stock location and 2 additional 10mm increments up and back for a total of 20mm up and back in which ever combo you like.

Not sure about others.

Eric

3. (diet)DrThunder

Thanks for the tip!

4. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

I have a set of arata's that you could try...I can send them with your tank

5. (diet)DrThunder

That wold be great. But, if they aren't lower than Woodcraft, I don't want to waste your time, cuz I won't be able to use them.

6. Vinnie@proline

Vinnie@proline Well-Known Member

I will bring some stockers to the GNF for you to try out...

7. (diet)DrThunder

Hi Vinnie! Can I have GP shift w. stockers? I don't know what the stock ones liik like.

Hey, the bike is awesome apart from the fact that I'm too much of a fatass to fit on it :)

8. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

you can use the stock rearsets in a GP shift pattern if you buy the woodcraft GP shift rod.

Let me know if you want to try those Arata's worse case is you just ship em back... they go pretty low

9. (diet)DrThunder

Sure, I'll give 'em a shot. If they work out, we can figure out whacha want for 'em. Thanks!