1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull Trailer Restraint

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

My buddy made me two of these, been using them for 2 years with no issues. Also Safety First Racing uses a rod through axel type for hauling 10 GSXR600 - no issues.

[​IMG]

I can't beleive that this is going to put anymore force on the swingarm pivot then when riding the bike.

Of course Pro-8 is pretty slow so transporting like this may induce more force on his bike. ;) :D

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:

4. thepro8

thepro8 Well-Known Member

Yup, I completely agree that their stands are top of the line. I own both a rear stand and a new front stand. I wouldn't buy anything else. That's why I am not even questioning the trailer restraint system quality.

5. CALR1

CALR1 Well-Known Member

that would be kinda like saying pitbull copied *redesigned* someone else who had this done a long time ago;
    [​IMG]

I have this one... and love it!!! more than a few 10+ hour trips and no problems at all.

which one is better? meh.

6. thepro8

7. Chip

Chip Registered

The Pit Bull stand is nothing like the one shown in the pictures and functions completely different...

8. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I've gotta agree with Chip. The similarities end at the rod through the axle. That's as far as it goes. Everything else changes entirely.

9. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

I have the STS, but I gotta say that the Pit-Bull looks like it would be easier to operate. I'll probably pick one up for next year.

10. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

Definitely on my winter shopping list, while the CDN dollar is on par with the US dollar.

11. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

funny all of this discussion about the new stands, little do you all know Charlie has had a rear stand restraint system all year long. Only avail to M4, i saw it when i took may's and barneys bike to indy, and have been bugging him for one ever since. So ask Ju if his bike are bending or breaking :beer:

BTW Charlie shipped me mine 3 days ago:) haven't installed it yet but will post pic if you want.

12. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

will you have it at Summit, T?

13. thepro8

So I guess I'm gonna try to buy the first one available for the 600rr :)

14. Handicapped Racer

yep!

15. Handicapped Racer

I was wondering when someone would bring up that lil tid bit of info?

16. Chip

Chip Registered

Actually....there was a previous version that's about three years old....but yes, this version has been in the testing phase for almost a year that I know about.

Charlie and Co. doesn't just make this stuff up and send it out there.....everything is tested to death!

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, I want to know one thing and one thing only now that we have all of the engineers in here - will it work if the bike has been run on a treadmill the size of a runway?

18. Yes, they took a small part of a design and improved it dramatically. Correct me if im wrong, but that is pretty much the American way. I have two pit bull front stands and one rear stand, and I will be adding one of these to my collection. When I help someone who doesnt have a pit bull put there bike on a stand, I can immediatly see the superiority of the pit bull product.

19. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Of course it will work, but the bike can't take off if it's locked in. :rolleyes:

20. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

one question

:( they won't work on my sv650:(
    maybe someone can design one that goes though the front
    of the swingarm though the frame.