1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull Trailer Restraint

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Sep 15, 2007.

1. So can you mount the part through the axel while the bike is on the rear stand? (I am assuming yes)

2. Why, because it's pitt bull, aka the chuck norris of bike stands.

3. thepro8

thepro8 Well-Known Member

What do you do to keep the front wheel from moving, bouncing, ect?

4. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

The bike rides on it's own suspension. it doesn't matter if it bounces. It's not going to rotate due to the bar through the axle.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They don't lift the bike up, they push the earth down.

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

You don't put the bike on the stand, the stand looks at the bike until the bike gets on the stand by itself.

7. thepro8

Sounds like a good setup for loading the bike by yourself, but what about unloading? What's the process? I"m concerned it that you have to do something like unhood the pit bull restraint while trying to hold the bike upright which would be tough to do at the same time.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:beer:

9. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

The Pit Bull Trailer Restraint can be reversed if space behind the bike is very tight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTEYWiZvSpI

10. KrashBandit

Unloading the bike is simple too...just release the two latches, pull the bike out, put the kick stand down, and voila.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJsPEPhvNpk

11. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Bikes have kickstands?

12. KrashBandit

Well, race bikes don't. On a race bike you would have to take that bungee cord and attach it to the rear sets or something like that to pull the trailer restraint up and out of the way, then when you get the bike out of the trailer you go through the normal motions of putting a bike on a stand.

13. Chip

Chip Registered

The cool part is that you can put the bike in a stand with the Trailer Restraint System in place.

14. ^^^ Thats what I was wondering.

15. Rem6a

Rem6a WCR Racer

So buying this.

16. thepro8

Thanks, I'll have to check out the video at home. it's blocked at work :mad:

17. KrashBandit

Here's a link to a video showing taking the bike out of a "trailer" and putting it on the stand without removing the restraint from the bike. Then once the bike is stable, you can remove one of the pins and remove the trailer restraint frame from the bike. And yes, both attaching and removing the trailer restraint from the bike can be done while the bike is on the rear stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65lFAu0kBlI

18. thepro8

I really appreciate all the videos and info here guys. thanks.

19. G2G

G2G I feel the need

You suck :D

20. SonicDuck

SonicDuck Flying Feather Duster