1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull Trailer Restraint

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Sep 15, 2007.

1. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I thought that was a bungee at the back of it in the first pic I saw. i wonder what that is for :confused:

2. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

Looks like something else from PitBull I need to plan to buy...

... So what is the bet line for how long it will take "PowerStands" to make a copy??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You can hook it to the sub-frame so it doesn't drag on the ground on the way to the trailer..:)

4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Ahhh gotcha. I have never messed with any of the stands like this. So you mount the "arm" piece outside the trailer,and push the bike in and the arm grabs the piece on the floor.

I was analyzing the thing in the pics, and that is kinda what I thought, but wasnt sure. Interesting.

Dont think the wife will like me mounting one in the bed of the pickup though, so I think Ill wait until we get a trailer LOL

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

The hook latches actually pop out and all that is left is the plate and bolts.
    They are secured by the plunger pins with the rings on them.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I may have to get a trailer just so I can use one of these.

7. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

sweet, Powerstands should have one in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......

:D

8. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

thanks Britt. just what I was looking for...:beer:

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You just got my attention. Do these stands not require a hollow rear axle?

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yes hollow axle...

11. Cuddles de Sade

you better hope he didn't get a new gen sv :D...or at a minimum bribe him to make a hollow axle for your oldern-daze bike too:moon:

12. luckyhat12

luckyhat12 Silly Blue Rider

Charlie owns a 675 so it was real easy for him to test fit his bike :) Gotta make the cool stuff for your own bike.

Lol

13. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

EXHALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally finally they are here. I've been blowing charlies phone up since Indy to get me one lmao! he's been working on this for a while. M4 has a different version in their shop. After seeing it i kept buggin him for an old style, week after week he kept saying just hold tight we got something new in the works. the last time i called him he asked for measurements for the gsxr"s so he create those. If anyone wants to know if they work, yes they do, and well.:up: :up: :up:

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:D

15. karls

karls Well-Known Member

FYI - the Pit Bull Trailer restraint can be mounted where the retaining bracket/bar is placed in front of the back tire. This mounting orientation would require zero additional space behind the back tire.

16. Chip

Chip Registered

I will have the Pit Bull Trailer Restraint System at the GNF. Come by and check it out before you buy it.

They work really well, easy to use with one person, and you know the quality is awesome!

17. -1badr6-

-1badr6- Well-Known Member

18. Cuddles de Sade

19. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

If space is an issue, I wonder if it would work mounting it so that the plate was under the bike and back it in.

20. thepro8

thepro8 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for something to add onto my crappy fold up trailer. Right now I'm looking at a condor bike chock. Would this be a better option for my 600RR? Why or why not?