1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull Trailer Restraint

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  2. grich575

grich575 Well-Known Member

Looks sweet. Like to know how they compare to the others as well. Pretty pleased with my Strapless Stand but this may be easier to load the bike.

3. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

No feedback needed. Pitbull makes it, therefore, it is good.

4. Cuddles de Sade

:D :up:

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

It looks good, but i always wonder about the leverage the bike can get on the swingarm and if it could slightly tweak it in a hard enough rock.

I know that is probably way outside reality, but I feel better holding the bike higher up... like the bars :lol

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don't see why the load forces durring normal transport would be any greater when racing. I would think it would have to take such a pounding that a tweaked swingarm would be the least of your worries. IMO

7. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I know........... I said it is outside reality, just a thought that I cant shake . :lol

8. luckyhat12

luckyhat12 Silly Blue Rider

I saw them a while back and I can't wait to get one. I am going to have them in my toy hauler in a couple of months when I decide which bike I will be getting.

I hope to have it by the end of october but that really doesn't do you any good right now.

9. Cuddles de Sade

with this type of stand (including the Strapless Stand) I don't think there's really any chance of momentum forming from any sort of rocking motion...the bike just can't move that much.

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

What is the cost of this Pit Bull vs. the STS????

11. Triple Nickel

Triple Nickel Well-Known Member

Those look sweet! The only problem I see is if the position pictured is how the bike is transported......... you would need alot more room to use one of those compared to a strapless stand because the bike is soo far foward of the stand.
    But if that's just a picture and the rear wheel comes back further and then up like the STS, it could be really nice.

12. Triple Nickel

I just bought 2 STS's, they were $249 each, the Pitbull is $279

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Charlie showed them to me earlier this year, it was all I could do to keep it a secret...they are BadAss..and as far as it taking up more room, only about 4" behind the tire.

They are STRONG, and you roll the bike in and CLICK..it is in...no fuss, no BS, you can load your bike by yourself and never reach for a tiedown.

Made in AMERICA...by a Contingency paying Sponsor.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  14. Triple Nickel

Oh I have No doubt that they are a bad ass, well made product that will be very sucessfull. :up:

And I know it isn't the same situation for everybody, but even at being only 4" longer behind the tire, I know that I did not have that extra 4" of space and could not have used those Pit Bull stands in the same space I used my 2 STS's. That's all I meant.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Thats some tight quarters...:)..didn't mean to sound harsh...I just really like them...since I got a bigger trailer I will have some Soon..(I now know what I am getting for Christmas...)

16. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

So the bike is still on the floor right, not elevated like the ST Stands.

17. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Looking at some other pictures on their site it looks like the bike might be elevated. It would seem that design would put a lot of stress on the floor bolts with the mount arm acting like a lever. Maybe I'm mistaken.

18. Triple Nickel

Both tires stay on the floor with the Pit Bull stand system.

19. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

20. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member