1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cmp 7/21-22

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by DeeZR6, Jul 23, 2007.

1. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Wow, what a bad weekend! I am only speaking in regards to the track conditions? Who else found to be extremely dusty on the track surface to the point they were sliding all over the place? My crash occured in Turn 5, I went just a tad more inside than usual...*Bam* My first one of the year so I can't complain too bad. Anyway, how was it for everyone else out there?

2. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

well, the weather was nice....

3. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

It was slippery and really tight in the back section.
    Nice track though but a repave is a must:up:

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i had heard it was slick before i got there on sunday. but i went faster than i'd gone there before, and really wasnt pushing that hard. the bumps are getting progressively worse, and there are some apexes you need to miss. but thats always been the case. maybe if it was your first time there, and you ran some traditional lines, you might have been on some of the slick stuff. i've asked in the past to have the track cleaned in some areas, but the dirt must be in the asphalt too deep.

5. Tinfoil hat charly

Kris-thanks again for your gearing recommendations [Jesse had never seen the track before and won both his novice classes-your gearing was perfect]

6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

congrats to him. glad it worked out.

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i hear ol' Suff done purty good too. :up:

8. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Yup, as soon as I went onto a 'traditional' line is exactly when I crashed. In 5 I went in out-in-crash! The layout is cool, I liked the 'double track.' but I definitely think its a little crazy that its so slick.

9. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i wouldnt expect anything less from him. i was happy to see him back out there. i told him we'd have to get the endurance team back together since the star rider was back. :beer:

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I did 4 sessions on Friday, 1 on Saturday, then the Solo 16.
    My tires were junk at lap 3.
    I like the track, the surface sucks:(
    Oh, and the starter is A#1:D

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

if you did all that on one set of tires, then i'd expect them to be junk there. the slicks i had on my clubman bike had 6 laps from a previous sprint, then 10 laps from practice, and they were terrible in the race. the new dot's i put on the sprint bike were night and day better. i guess the tires were good for about 10-15 laps maybe.

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yeah, I found out the hard way. Got the hole shot big time, by lap 2 Chris passed me, one lap later I had a huge slide, and that was the end of my run up front:( Had a new set in the trailer :p

13. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

Yea- exit of turn 3 was a touch on the slick side...at least that is what i was told when i woke up....and my orthopedic agrees! 20% of the time, crashing sux 80% of the time!

14. RCredrider169

RCredrider169 Member

Rotten Weekend

Yep same luck as you...turn 5 too. Felt more like ice racing than track racing. Gave up after 2 crashes...totally frustrated by this track.

15. benster7625

benster7625 Well-Known Member

cmp

I have no idea why no one likes the track new bathrooms, ran rv on power all weekend no problems! NEW TOWER AND TECH AREA COMING SOON! nice field for run off only had one problem in the bus stop some sand would defently like to see more asphalt in the front row of paddock area thought. Over all had a great time lots of fun and i finish in the top ten for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woooooohoooooo!!!!!!

16. Tinfoil hat charly

A trend may be emerging...the dividing line between love/hate may be around 80 hp...

17. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

Don't know what you guys are talking about with the surface being slick, Jensen broke the track record in Saturday practice :D :Poke:

18. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

hey now-- i never said i hated the place- it is one of my favorites....i simply said, in an effort to clean the track off so Robbie could break the track record i fell in my first pratice sat ....hell i think i could have broken the track record had i not fallen :wow: i also could have a bad concussion - no tellin really-

19. benster7625

seems to me that everyone i have talked to that hates this track have wrecked granted i am no where close to breaking the track record either! did notice i was sliding the bike alot more than normal for a track that is soo coarse!

20. benster7625

did anyone get any pictures of the minis race on sun My first mini race all the kids nick named me pogo due to the stock suspension on the rear! would love to see some pics 236 was my number